Unable to Join Experience with Friend on Roblox Universal App (PC)

Issue Description:

Players are unable to join an experience where their friend is currently located using the Roblox Universal App on PC. Despite clicking the “Join” button on their friend’s profile page, the joining process fails.

Reproduction Steps

1. Open the Roblox Universal App on your PC.
  2. Navigate to the Homepage.
  3. Locate and click on the profile of your friend.
  4. Once on your friend’s profile page, observe the green button labeled “Join” indicating the experience they are currently in.
  5. Click on the “Join” button to attempt to join the experience where your friend is.

Expected Behavior:

Upon clicking the “Join” button on your friend’s profile page, you should be seamlessly transported into the same experience where your friend is currently located.

Visual Aids:

4 Likes

Hi again @JuanGamerPlayz_RBLX!

I can’t reproduce this on my PC or my Mac.
We also had an intermittent issue earlier today that has been resolved.

Could you try again now and see if it still happens?
If so could you tell us more about the device you are using?

And thanks for another clear, easy to follow bug report!

4 Likes

Hello, hello, @skpm_plz! :wave:

I tried reproducing again and, unfortunately, it remains the same thing… Always leading to this page:

Would there be any problem if I shared my device via PMs (Private Messages)? Tell me what info you need from my device and I will share it there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sent you a DM, thank you so much!! :pray:

2 Likes

Any news about this bug? Should I send you a DM of my logs?

1 Like

I have had successful attempts at reproducing this bug on 4 different Windows devices. It is still happening to this day and on all of the 4 devices. I want to note that this bug only happens on the Roblox desktop app not on the UWP Microsoft store app.

Video taken today:-

I also want to note that this doesn’t only affect accounts who have you added as a friend but every account who is playing an experience while you’re trying to join it from it’s profile.

System and app information

CPU: Intel core I7-1065G7
GPU: Nvidia Geforce MX330
RAM: 8GB RAM
Roblox app version: 0.628.0.6280391 (a5ccf2)

2 Likes

This issue seems to be fixed for me on 2 different devices that once suffered from it, still haven’t tested on the remaining 2 devices that were also experiencing this issue but I suspect its now fixed for everyone.

1 Like

I can confirm , this issue has been fixed

Hey @skpm_plz, @ItzAidfoplays390 @Lucatacos2213! How are you guys doing?

I wanted to share an update regarding this post… I reproduced my steps and yes, it has been fixed! Whenever I go to the profile and press “Join”, it makes me join the experience where my friend is playing.

That concludes that the issue has been fixed!

Marking my comment as solved!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.