Unable to join friend through the home page

Can confirm this not only happens on desktop, but also happens on mobile. This is frustrating because I have to go to a game’s server list just to join my friends, which is much less convenient than just joining from the homepage.

2 Likes

Still occurring, can be a bit annoying to constantly have to go into your friends profile and click on the join button there just to join the game, only other way I’ve been able to was through the servers tab which sometimes even redirects to the wrong server. Any other attempts (through the dropdown) never put me in a server with the friend.

2 Likes

This happens a lot to me too. I’m now used to always checking the playerlist to see if I actually joined the server which is very inconvenient…

2 Likes

It’s still an issue, if not worse than it previously was. As baseparts stated, I’m also having to check the server list. It happens even if my friends are in a public server, full server, empty server, or have their joins on for everyone. It’s quite annoying, especially when you’re excited to play the game with them.

2 Likes

This happens to me too, noticeably more if a game has more than a single server.

3 Likes

Monthly check-in…

Is this still happening to you all? I’ve been having it just not as much.

1 Like

Yes! Hopefully they fix it soon…
It’s rather annoying to join a friend when they are in a private server you have access too. Yet to join a random public server instead.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this on both Chrome and the mobile app.

Noticed this too. The join button on the profile page still works, which leads me to believe that the one that shows up when you hover over them on the homepage just joins the game not their server. All you’re joining is the game, it sometimes tries to send you to an emptier server.

I’d say it’s more poorly named than a bug, but they should really take a look at this. It’s VERY irritating.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Just wanted to come in and say this is also an issue for me. The only way around this issue is by viewing the game profile and then joining via servers directly.

I use Opera / Windows 10.

2 Likes

Please investigate this. It’s been five months with no follow-up and the staff member who previously replied is no longer employed. This is a vital issue that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

This is still an issue for me even when I cleared my cookies and reinstalled Roblox.

1 Like

The same is happening for me! Roblox should investigate this!

1 Like

I’m not convinced that this is just a poorly named button. The button used to directly send you to the person’s server, and only as of this bug/change has it done a different action despite no change on the UI or phrasing. It seems weird for Roblox to change the function of something without also changing the phrasing or design of the UI.

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to include this, but generally, it doesn’t bother me that this feature is broken at all. We could search their name up, use a plugin that we could make that fixes this issue if it’s something you majorly need to use that often or get to a server using one of the plugins that let you quickly join the server just a single link.

But I agree that this button somehow started functioning wrong and it should be investigated.

The issue is that non-developers would probably not try to solve the issue or find a workaround. They’d just assume it’s broken and not enjoy the platform as much. A lot of people are only on Roblox to play with friends, and if joining your friends doesn’t seem to work correctly, then that’s a major issue.

2 Likes

Monthly check in, this still happening for everyone else?

Yep, still happening for me, only workaround seems to be using UWP app, seems to be still working properly there

1 Like

Still happening to me, it’s been about half a year and they haven’t fixed it.

3 Likes

So now that it’s been nearly a year and still no update, I’ll have to rely on the community for this…

Has this been fixed? I haven’t had an issue with it so far. I just want to mark this as solved if it’s been fixed.

1 Like