Unable to join friend through the home page

Reproduction Steps
Browser Info:

Reproduction Steps:

1. Go on the Roblox home page.
  2. Hover over a friend’s avatar.
  3. Press the green “join” button.

This bug happens 50% of the time when I join a highly populated server.
*Now happens 100% of the time when I join any server with others in it (11/25)

Expected Behavior
You should join the game with your friend and if the server is full you should be placed in a server queue.

Actual Behavior
When I click join I am sent to a server my friend is not in. This only happens in highly populated servers, as this bug does not appear when I join my friend that’s alone in a server.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: 100% of the time
Date First Experienced: 2021-09-11 00:09:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-09-12 00:09:00 (-04:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

51 Likes

This is also happening to me, also if a friend is in a private server in which I cannot join, I don’t get the usual error, instead I just get teleported into a new server.

6 Likes

Further info:
When you attempt to join you will be retrying to join the server from 5 to 15 times before sent to a different one.

3 Likes

It happens to me if a friend is on private server, I need to go to game page and enter on Server page or it go to a random public server.

2 Likes

Reproduction Steps
Ever since the 11th, I’ve noticed that when trying to join a friend through the little pop-up menu, it redirects you to the wrong server. Here’s a video demonstration:

I turned BTRoblox off but still had a custom made extension on, but I know this extension wouldn’t change anything as it just changes the URL and look of the sidebar Home button.

Expected Behavior
I would expect a “Join” button next to my friend’s name to redirect me to their server.
Actual Behavior
The Join button simply joins me into any random server in the game.
Workaround
Joining via the friend’s profile page or the game’s server list.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-09-11 00:14:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-09-12 00:06:50 (-04:00)

Device Info
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:92.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/92.0
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

9 Likes

happens a lil for me as well on google not constantly tho

This is happening to me too. If i try to join a friend it sends me to a random server instead, even if my friends server isnt full.

A little more information after a while : I was in a game that had no other servers than the one i was in and i was the only one there. Roblox created a new server to send my friend that tried to join me instead of sending him to my server.

3 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue as well, the amount of players or it being a VIP server doesn’t change the outcome, I hover over a friends profile and press join on the pop out menu it will 100% place me in a random server every time, i use google chrome web browser so it isn’t an browser exclusive issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

I should mention that I’ve had a similar issue of joining friends sometimes when their joins are private, this is in a 400-700 players active game

I have had this happen 100% of the time as of now.

This is really frustrating me as i have to manually go to the servers and pick their server in order to actually join my friends.

3 Likes

Also happens to me every time.

As @rickje139 and @NeoBuilds have stated I am also encountering this 100% of the time and am having to redirect to the servers to manually join my friends.

2 Likes

I just encountered this bug consistently when I tried to join a friend in a server with 14-15 of 30 people in it in this game
https://www.roblox.com/games/4824001144/Diner#!/game-instances

5 Likes

This bug still occurs, regardless of what game your friend is in.

3 Likes

Is there any update on this issue? Its still occurring as of now and its really annoying.

2 Likes

This is occurring 100% of the time now. Doesn’t matter how full the server is. I have to manually go to a game’s server and find them to be able to join.

5 Likes

This bug has happened to me as well. Thanks for bringing this up.

1 Like

A other way to join your friend is by joining from their profile. Me and my brother figured this out in less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

This is still happening today with 100% of servers.

2 Likes