Unable to join games: "Connecting to ROBLOX ..." , "Please wait ..." Loop

Hello,

As of today, I have been unable to join games which really impedes my development time.

When I click ‘Play’ on a game, ROBLOX seems to begin to run perfectly fine. It starts up with a message saying:

It then will quickly say “Please wait …” instead of “Connecting to ROBLOX …”, then after, the loading screen tab closes and instead of the game actually starting up, it just loops the “Connecting to ROBLOX …” and “Please wait …” messages constantly.

The only way I can remove this load up screen is by disconnecting from the internet until ROBLOX tells me it failed to load, which then I can finally cancel it loading.

I can’t use Task Manager, because the process keeps restarting, and even if I end the ROBLOX player process, another one just starts up.

This is a huge problem, and I can not find a way to solve it. Here is what I’ve tried (that worked for others) that has not worked for me.

-Disabling my anti-virus (did not work)
-Restarting my computer (did not work)
-Uninstalling ROBLOX (I can’t even do this because it causes the same loop issue)
-Disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting (does not fix the issue)

The only way I’ve been able to join is by clicking play, disconnecting from the internet, getting the ROBLOX error message saying that there’s no internet, and then switching to a DIFFERENT Wi-Fi, clicking retry, and then finally after a long time it may work.

If someone here has had a similar problem with a working solution, please let me know. It all started today, and was working fine up until this morning when I first tried playing.

Thank you.

1 Like

Could be a problem of your internet connection.

What’s interesting though, is that Studio works completely fine. I can load it up, publish places, and do other things completely fine.

The only problem I’m having with anything internet-related is trying to join a game. Every other website works flawlessly, as well as Studio. Not to mention ROBLOX was working up until this morning.

EDIT UPDATE: It’s definitely not my internet. Tried a mobile hotspot, did not work. Tried three different Wi-Fi connections, did not work. Again, Studio works fine. Just ROBLOX Player does not.

3 Likes

I had the same thing today I waited more than 2 minutes to join a game and the game didn’t had any scripts there were only small build.

Right now, I am trying to put clothes on characters in my game in studio, and it is taking awhile for them to appear in studio.

VIP servers also don’t seem to be loading for me.

1 Like

This is a problem I experience with different networks and computers… A solution I found to work sometimes (since the Roblox launcher uses WinINet) is to change your internet settings for WinINet.

In the Windows search bar type in Internet Options, go to advanced, and try enabling anything under HTTP Settings (e.g. Http 1.1, Http2, etc). I’d maybe try checking the Send … Utf-8 stuff if that didn’t solve the problem (sometimes this helps when binary is being transferred through http I think). On some networks I have had trouble with I also checked Send IDN server names for non-Intranet URLS which helped solve connection errors sometimes.

There are a few options such as the TLS options and SSL 3.0 under security I might try but I haven’t needed to change them.

Thanks for the detailed reply and potential solution. I’ve tried what you said and still doesn’t seem to work.

I wonder if this is an issue on Roblox’s end, as other people (by looking at this thread) seem to be having issues as well.

Hopefully a staff member can clear this up.

Seemed to be fixed after waiting a few hours. Didn’t do anything, just fixed itself. Must have been an issue on Roblox’s end.

If you have any issues similar to mine, wait it out first.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.