Unable to Jump *Sometimes* - Issues with ControlModule; TouchJump Modules

Hi Devs,

To begin with I just want to say that I believe this issue requires a very advanced scripter in order to be fixed.

I am using Gravity Controller by EgoMoose in my game, which has its own changes made to the ControlModule in order to function correctly.

On top of that, I also had a Charged Jump implemented directly into the ControlModule and some of it’s Child Modules; all of these changes can be seen in this post. (See the solution)

The issue that I am trying to resolve

I have a Sprinting Script in my game. The issue happens whenever the player is sprinting; they are sometimes unable to Jump. Half of the time it works, half of the time nothing happens.

I believe code that was tied to Roblox’s Jumping mechanics was changed. I compared the basic ControlModule to the one that I am using an noticed a couple differences in the scripts; However, I have only been scripting for a month and cannot wrap my head around the issue, that is why I am reaching out to the community to find an advanced scripter.

DM me for a link to the test place as I do not want to give it out to just anyone. Everything that I have added is fully functional, and the only issue that I have left is the one that I state above.

With all of this being said, I do not think that this issue is as complicated as I believe it is. I believe that I am just not able to understand what changes have been made, and how to revert them correctly (or change them correctly) in order for the Modules to function how they should.

I have made a few posts about this within the main Discord servers (including the DevForum Community) where I was offering payment for this issue to be resolved; so it is only right that I include that in this post as well.

2 Likes