Unable to launch roblox from browser

I want to be able to launch roblox from my browser so that I can join private servers etc, whenever I try it’ll either not do anything or I’ll get an error saying something like “there is no default app for roblox please install one”, actual image:
Screenshot 2023-09-29 200732

I am running windows 11 and this only started recently I belive, I’ve tried resetting all default apps and restarting my pc which didn’t work.

3 Likes

@Bitdancer I know you’re normally good with stuff like this, do you think you can help?

reinstall roblox, thats the only solution

Roblox doesn’t work on insider builds of W11 because of byfron.

I’m not using an insider build

I have multiple times cleared all app data reinstalled and it’s still giving me the error

have you encountered this before?

Hello Shadow,

Can you check Setting->Apps->Default app and see if Roblox Player is in there and if there is anything associated with it?

yep I found it and it shows this but when I go to that path it doesn’t exist and when I try to change it the only option I get is browser microsoft store

I’ve also tried manually changing the default app via:
assoc ROBLOX-PLAYER=C:\Program Files (x86)\Roblox\Versions\version-9fd31cae223e4d53\RobloxPlayerBeta.exe
and
assoc ROBLOX=C:\Program Files (x86)\Roblox\Versions\version-9fd31cae223e4d53\RobloxPlayerBeta.exe
in cmd and ROBLOX-PLAYER doesn’t change and remains in the old folder

Update I went to the roblox folder and ran RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe and that fixed it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.