Unable to open developer console through Esc menu without edit access

I believe this may have been a regression that happened around the time the new accessibility features were added to the menu.
Previously, when scrolling all the way to the bottom of the menu it was possible for any user to click a “Open” button that would open the Developer Console.

On PC it’s always possible to open the Developer Console through F9 so this isn’t something encountered when testing there, however on mobile games which disable the in-game chat or use forked chats (preventing the use of /console) it should still be possible to open the console on mobile devices.

Expected behavior

I expect players to see the option in Esc menu in games they don’t have edit access to so that those players can report client logs if they’re in a state where they don’t have chat access.

5 Likes

You can also say in the chat /console if you are on mobile to open the dev console.

Yep, I mentioned that in my post. It should still be possible to access the Developer Console even if a user isn’t able to access the chat.

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

Yeah, also it’s not uncommon for games to disable the chat window contextually, for example, in loading screens, death screens, etc.