Unable to position/resize the Developer Console without it 'sticking' to the mouse

When viewing the developer console whether it be in-game, or in studio. When trying to move it to a new position by holding down the mouse button and dragging. Instead of the console moving, the console will remain glued to the position it was in.
Along with that. When moving your mouse out of it’s frame after trying to position it. The console will instantly position itself to the position of the mouse cursor, just as if you were dragging it! The issue also occurs when you attempt to resize the console.

Reproduction

To reproduce this issue, simply try to either.

1. Resize the Console
  2. Reposition the console

When you try to do either, it won’t reposition nor resize, until your mouse leaves the frame of the console.

Videos of Issue

39 Likes

This has also been happening to me.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing this problem too. This makes checking for errors much harder than it should be.

2 Likes

Also has been happening to me. It’s very annoying.

4 Likes

A fix for this is on the way and should be live in under two weeks.

11 Likes

It’s been happening to me too and it’s been quite annoying to the point where I’m using the old developer console (using “/oldconsole” in chat) instead to check errors. Glad to see that a fix is coming up soon.

2 Likes

Glad a fix is on the way, I have almost lost it over this.

reason why

I tried using an in-game UI after opening the console and it broke all the buttons.

Also forgot /oldconsole is a thing so.

Same issue, it also deletes our output sometimes and we can’t seem to get it back. Just lost a stack trace opening and closing the console :frowning:

This is still occurring. Has the fix been pushed yet?

2 Likes

A temporary fix in the meantime is to press F9 when this occurs, click twice, and then press F9 again and it will unstick the console.

1 Like

2 weeks 3 days later and there still is no fix.

Better idea: Use a script to pop open the old developer console. The one we all know and love.
I had code to do it but couldn’t find it. Here’s this tho: https://www.reddit.com/r/roblox/comments/9ccdps/script_how_to_get_the_old_dev_console_back_on/

This should now be fixed on new servers.

1 Like

Reviving as this bug seems to have returned. However, this time only when positioning. Resizing continues to work fine.

9 Likes

I’m getting this bug as well. I’ve tested it on my PC and laptop; issue persists on both.

4 Likes

As @Wingz_Avard stated, I this bug has seemed to have returned. I am receive the exact same issues along with other people I have asked.

3 Likes

Can confirm that it returned. This really needs fixing as debugging any game is annoying with this.

6 Likes

This is still happening as of 4/30/2021.

4 Likes

@ArgentAspect

I have seen that you have resolved this issue before and had a look at it, and as stated by others it has soon returned, is there any insight as to if this is being worked on?

It’s still happening, I’m not sure if the update got reverted or not. But It’s becoming increasingly more annoying.