Unable to publish experiences (Internal server error / timeout)

Issue
As mentioned in the title, I have tried publishing my experience to Roblox and am getting an Internal Server Error in the output. I frequently update my game and successfully uploaded the experience on July 13 without any problems.

Observation
This issue only occurs with my experience, I have published smaller experience and there is no issue. I have made multiple attempts in the last few hours, and each time it uploads normally for about two minutes before failing. There’s a possibility that Roblox has implemented a new timeout or network speed limit that prevents the experience from publishing. I have run a speed test, and my network upload speed can reach 50Mbps, so I don’t think there’s a network issue on my end.

Visual Aids:

Expected behavior

Expect to publish the experience

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi @addisonshiu, thanks for the report.

Can you confirm whether you’re still experiencing this issue? Also, could you let us know what the size of your place file is?
You can determine this by saving a local copy of your place and examining the file size.

Thanks, the issue has been fixed, although I still encountered it twice out of the first five times (as I had different versions to publish for the same game). I haven’t encountered the problem since, so those two instances could be rare cases.

For reference regarding that rare issue, here is the network activity graph in the task manager. The file was able to upload at >50Mbps when it started. Then it limited the uploading speed to 1Mbps until the 2-minute timeout occurred.

Network activity graph when it succeeds:

Network activity graph when it failed:

Around 100MB

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.