Unable to publish packages despite having proper permissions

I created a new rank called “Lead Developer” in my group and ever since I created it, the users in it can no longer publish or get latest package on package linked models owned by the group, as the option to do so doesn’t appear in the right-click context menu in Studio.

This role has the same group permissions as the “Developer” role, and users ranked developer can still publish and get latest package on package linked models owned by the group. To confirm whether users ranked lead developer could configure package linked assets, we manually copied a package ID and went to the page for it on the website, and the user ranked lead developer could in fact configure that asset. However, the options to publish and get latest package still were not available.

We tried troubleshooting this by having the users ranked lead developer rejoin the Team Create multiple times as well as restart the Team Create server, and neither of which worked. I also temporarily demoted a user ranked lead developer to developer to see if they would get the options to publish and get latest package back, and they did.

The affected game Id is 3017870574 or this link.

2 Likes

Hi @TheFurryFish, thanks for reporting!

Can you share a group package that has granted “Lead Developer” and “Developer” Edit permission?

Thanks!

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I assume you’re asking for the link to a package which is supposed to be able to be edited by “Lead Developer” and “Developer”.

To my understanding, this permission is supposed to be granted through the “Create group items” and “Configure group items” permissions, as seen below:

This is the same permission set for both “Lead Developer” and “Developer”.

The link to an affected package is here, but this applies to all of the packages in our game.

1 Like

Yup, that’s what I wanted.

It seems roleset “Lead Developer” isn’t granted permission for the package you shared with me. To grant the package permission to this roleset, please check the following link. Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Please let me know if it doesn’t work.

I see.

Why did Developer receive this permission by default but not Lead Developer?

There is no way to bulk modify permissions for the large quantity of packages I have already, so I have to painstakingly go through them all and allow Lead Developer to edit them.