Unable to publish place "... as there may be modified packages"

But, none of my packages are pending any modifications? They’re all up to date and have no icon next to them indicating they need to be updated. Game is not in team create.

I’ve gone through all the packages in my game and they are all update to date. Not sure what happens. I can fix it by deleting the package, and reinserting it. But, whenever I update the package, this message will show again when trying to publish. I shouldn’t have to delete and reinsert my package every time I update it.

Here is a video of me showing the steps: Packages Problem - YouTube

Yes, repro is minimal. All I have to simply do is edit a package, and even if I publish the package, it will still say “Unable to publish this place as there may be modified packages.”

I can fix it by deleting and reinserting the package, but this itself is also unreliable. I get Http errors relating to the packages resulting in not being able to insert them unless I re-open the game in studio, usually right after I publish them. Next time it happens I’ll provide a picture.

Hills.rbxl (651.7 KB)

5 Likes

If you have team create enabled this post will probably match up simularlly, Roblox are looking into issues with this.

@Community_Sage Could this topic please be merged with the one posted above (https://devforum.roblox.com/t/unable-to-publish-a-team-create-game-with-unpublished-changes-to-packages-that-apparently-dont-exist/227158)?

This is still an issue in a game where I use packages, occasionally showing there “may be” modified packages, when there definitely isn’t. As @WorldPosition said, deleting and re-inserting/undeleting the packages does resolve the issue - but this is tedious and undesired behaviour.

The last update given on that thread was that the issue was “addressed as of Oct 9”, so I assume they’re not aware this is still an issue.

I’m also having this issue, which is really inconvenient because I can’t publish any changes I make to my game.

@WorldPosition A temporary fix I have found is to turn on team create, and then publish. This gives no problems.

2 Likes

Might be relevant:

1 Like

Please check Packages getting Web Copy Error: Http fails - #19 by APandaPoet for more details. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, this seems to be fixed now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.