Unable to Publish to Existing but "Corrupted" Game

When I tried accessing the online save file for my game (I save my work as if I am updating the game) it took a long time to open, but suddenly it showed this.

This isn’t supposed to happen since nothing peculiar happened the last time I saved it (if I remember correctly). It just happens out of the blue. Switching WiFi networks (which was my go to solution for upload errors) doesn’t work.

I did some searching over this error message and from a post I found, the current file might be corrupted and I should consider changing the game version back to the version where it is still working (for my case it is the latest save file). I did that, but the problem still exists. i entered the game in the Roblox game client and it functions perfectly. The game still works, it is just somehow inaccessible in Studio.

Basically nothing is shown that indicates that the upload has failed unless the script output is opened. I would normally expect a successful upload attempt, or even that blank error message thingy as I have dealt with that before.

It happens every time I try to update the place by publishing a new game file to the game.

This is (edit: NOT) game specific. The original game is somehow playable, but it can’t be accessed in Studio.

Link:

It started happening on February 8 2020 on around 9 - 10 pm (Malaysian Time), when I started writing this post.

I don’t know what is causing this, I could even have posted this in the wrong place. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

-Keanny

EDIT: I tried publishing a local copy of the game to a new place and it failed too. Right now I can confirm that it happens every time I want to upload places to Roblox, regardless of what file I;m uploading. Sorry for that.

2 Likes

It seems like in both cases (publishing and opening a place) you are having network issues.

Does this happen every time you try to open the game in Studio? If not, what percentage of the time would you say you see this issue? What about for Publish?

1 Like

I also have connection problems. Have you tried restarting your PC? Worked quite well for me.

Yes, it happens every time I open in on Studio since that day.

1 Like

EDIT: I tried publishing a local copy of the game to a new place and it failed too. Right now I can confirm that it happens every time I want to upload places to Roblox, regardless of what file I’m uploading. Sorry for that.

Hey, could you go to https://www.speedtest.net/ for me and send back a screenshot of your results?

1 Like

it’s solved yay. I disabled firewall protection in roblox studio and that’s all it took to fix it. Weirdly enough it restored to the edition of the game before I overrode it. Noice. Thanks to everyone who tried helping me anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.