Unable to Redeem Digital Gift Cards

Device Info
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

Unable to redeem digital gift card outside of the country of purchase (United States). Redeemed in Indonesia. Roblox primarily stated in the Roblox DM that digital Robux codes won’t be affected by the April 24th change on Gift Card Redemption.

Expected behavior

Able to redeem the $5 Digital Roblox Gift Card

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/redeem

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

i think because you’re living in indonesian which means it’s supposed to be IDR and your giftcard seller was from another country.

2 Likes

yes but you bought it in a different country than the one you are currently in.
also im pretty sure you go to any form of robux purchase page, click the redeem robux giftcard(or something like that), and then type in the code. im pretty sure where you are at will only let you use physical gift cards(maybe).

edit: few words

2 Likes

You’re still missing the point. A digital code should be redeemable globally regardless of the country of purchase, as stated by Roblox in the DM.

well you can either contact roblox support or you can change your country to the one that you bought it in. also if you are using a 3rd party seller make sure he confirms that its a digital and not a physical gift card. be careful with 3rd party sellers though they can scam you and roblox will not be able to help you get your money back.

This is a bug ofc, people are lying, digital gift cards are still redeemable globally, only physical ones won’t, like if you do a robux giveaway and you live in the US and the you used the physical gift card, only people in the US are able to redeem it

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

We want to take this opportunity to clear up any confusion regarding the changes to the gift card redemption process.

• Digital Robux codes that redeem directly to Robux (such as the codes sold on Amazon or obtained in programs like the Microsoft Rewards program) will continue to be redeemable globally.

• Digital and Physical Gift Cards that redeem for Roblox Credit (like the majority of cards sold at retailers like Walmart, Target, etc) are now only redeemable by users when their country matches the currency of the gift card.

• Example: US users redeeming USD, European Union users redeeming EUR, etc. US users will NOT be able to redeem EUR.

• Please see the table below illustrating these differences:

For more information, please visit:

Thank you.

45 Likes

I am an international user affected by this change. Will there be any recourse for those who have already purchased gift cards and are now unable to use them?

I have received no word from Roblox about this (last news item in my inbox is “New Advertising Standards” dated Mar 16 2023), I have had to Google this thread to find out why my codes are not redeemable.

3 Likes

Some additional information for anyone else who may be encountering this issue:

I have contacted support for this, and have not had a good experience. I thought that they would change the card denomination to make them usable by anyone in my country, but instead they have applied all my gift cards (which I intended to give to friends) to my own account. To anyone else contacting support, be very specific about what you expect them to do.

Digital Robux codes that redeem directly to Robux (such as the codes sold on Amazon or obtained in programs like the Microsoft Rewards program) will continue to be redeemable globally.

However, on Amazon, the purchase of these codes is restricted to customers located in the US.

Digital and Physical Gift Cards that redeem for Roblox Credit (like the majority of cards sold at retailers like Walmart, Target, etc) are now only redeemable by users when their country matches the currency of the gift card.

This is the type of gift card available from the front page of the Roblox site, which they are continuing to sell to international customers who will not be able to use them. This seems wrong to me. Everyone, please be careful.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.