Unable to remove offsale items in inventory

Heya!
I’ve been dealing with a separate bug recently where I have to upload clothing multiple times in order for them to have a catalog icon. This means deleting lots of broken items from my inventory, however this morning the “Remove from Inventory” option was suddenly missing from all of these items.

After some messing around, it looks like you can only delete items from your inventory that are or have been onsale. This means to delete a broken clothing item from my inventory I have to
• Configure it (a page that takes some time to load)
• Make it on sale and save it (something that takes considerable time to do)
• Make it again off sale and save it (same as last time)
• Go back, and then remove it.

When I have to do this 12+ times when uploading clothes because of the other broken feature, it becomes incredibly frustrating. Maybe a fix where you can remove items you made from your inventory that are not on sale can be added?

Thank you for reading!

20 Likes

Heya. A recent occurrence of my internet being bad while I upload has caused multiple of my shirts / pants to upload instead of 1? This means I have to go through and remove each of the extras from my inventory, but this bug makes it incredibly tedious (especially with long page load times) so I feel it’s worth bringing up again. Thanks!

Removing items from my inventory is such an unnecessarily tedious task nowadays as I have to go through the following process:

Open item page > Configure > Allow copying ON > Save > Open item page > Remove from inventory > ‘Yes’ > Configure > Allow copying OFF > Save

It should just be
Open item page > Remove from inventory > ‘Yes’

This is costing me countless hours to have to go through this process in order to remove unwanted, old assets.

Not to mention this only works for items you own. I don’t think you can even remove items in your inventory that were uploaded by someone else and put offsale.

Nor should you be able to. Allowing this functionality for such an edge case to “clean your inventory” is a massive risk, when any user could be password-guessed or cookie-logged, and lose all the assets that they have earned, purchased and designed over the course of their years on the platform.

It’s much better, in a security sense, to not allow this to happen.

Instead of proposing that such a security hazard be allowed on the site, why not make a feature request for Roblox to add better search functionality to user inventories and also the new Create page? It would solve your problem of getting past “unwanted” items whilst mitigating the risk of any risk to users’ assets.

2 Likes