Unable to save in Studio

Studio fails to close when saving;
Roblox Studio takes forever to close, when saving/ publishing.

This bug happens only in Studio
This started happening on August 24, perhaps longer and is still happening for me
My game uses team create

Something.. - Roblox Studio 28_08_2020 8_34_57 PM

Repro

1. Open up a game/ baseplate that uses team create
  2. Go over to File > Publish to Roblox To > Overwrite a previous game > Once done, go over to the X in Studio.
  3. Upon clicking, an error will show and your studio cannot be closed.

Things to consider:

• My game also fails to overwrite previous games, resulting in taking forever to do so. My only option is to close it whilst overwriting. Much like studio not closing. Once this happens I’m unable to…
    - Publish to Roblox
    - Save to Roblox
  • These are perhaps other bugs so I will not include it here. Right now I cannot close my game except through force shutting down, which results in data loss.

Specs

• Intel(R) Core™-7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz
  • 8 GB
  • NVIDIA GeForce MX130

Logs files and ect will be provided if needed.

Heads Up Bug Has been resolved

6 Likes

Are you doing this in a group? This tends to happen to me when I’m team sharing try turning it off if you are. Also what tends to help me is I click publish to roblox. Once I do that I click the X and wait until it closes. If that doesn’t work send roblox an email.

1 Like

No, I’m not doing this in a group. Me and my partner use team create and we’re currently working on a game. Nearly all the time that I publish it to an existing game, it would take forever to save. A scenario would be…

• I open up my game from the Roblox website
  • I publish it to an existing game
  • It doesn’t say it was successfully saved, but rather stalls forever. Even after waiting a bit of time it doesn’t save.
  • My only option is either go back out of the overwriting procedure or cancel it.
  • If I do that, Studio doesn’t let me exit. That popup shows up, and It doesn’t automatically close when complete. I can’t seem to exit my game and so my only option is to forcefully close studio.
2 Likes

Ah. And you’ve started your PC multiple times and disconnected your WiFi? Roblox was going through some maintenance but it’s over now.

1 Like

Yes I’ve tried all of that. This bug has been persisting for around a week.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

This issue is still happening to me aswell.

1 Like

Still occurs from time to time when we least expect it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.