Unable to scale up small BasePart sizes

Reproduction Steps
Growing Problem.rbxl (37.7 KB)

I did some tests and attached a repro but it seems that when a BasePart size vector is below 0.1 and when trying to scale at a 1/10 of a decimal it just ends up staying the same size. In the example provided I use a script in workspace that scales all the BaseParts in the Example folder in workspace. Only some of them end up scaling up though in size.

I can no longer scale BaseParts sizes by a small increment via script.

Currently in my game Dinosaur Arcade I scale up part sizes to create seamless growth in my dinosaur models. After a Roblox maintenance on 7/15/21 I’m no longer able to scale up some BaseParts via script. My dinosaurs now look like this: Dinosaur growth

Expected Behavior
Before the maintenance I was able to scale up any size parts up to the third decimal without any problems through a script. My dinosaurs would scale up normally.

Actual Behavior
The parts end up not scaling up at all. The size of the part stays the same.

This is an example of me scaling multiple BaseParts (MeshParts, Parts, Unions) by a Vector3 of (1.01,1.01,1.01) and the size not changing at all. Which is also in the repro.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-07-13 12:07:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-07-15 00:07:00 (-04:00)

2 Likes

Just mentioning this to provide more info for any staff that might come across this, but I’m actually strangely not experiencing this issue at all in your repro, so whatever the issue is, it doesn’t seem to be affecting everyone. I tried this both in studio and in an actual game and saw no issues.

After waiting for a while, these are what were previously the smallest parts.

Due to the nature and timing of this issue, I’m guessing it might be related to this update? It was posted at the start of August but is pretty close to the date that you report experiencing the issue:

I’m also not able to reproduce this. In the place file you shared the small parts scale up as expected.

I almost wonder if this bug report was meant to be posted back in July? I think there were some initial issues with scale not changing when the increment was small enough, but those have long been fixed.