Unable to select part

For some reason I am unable to select a part in Roblox Studio. When spawned in, the part appears to have a orange outline replacing the generic blue outline. I have never ran into a issue of this sort before so I’m not sure with what exactly I should do. Is this a bug or is it a simple error where something has been enabled/disabled?

Edit: It seems to be resolved. I didn’t do anything to fix it and it wasn’t a single place problem as it happened in 2 different places I tested.

1 Like

This is a new Studio update if I’m not wrong, I see the same thing in my places. The orange means you have it selected, so you shouldn’t be running into any issues with that.

1 Like

I usually go to the Explorer page and click on the part your trying to select. Sometimes when I load in my character it does the same thing.

Keep reloading studio, worked for me.

Can also try loading a different place and coming back to the previous one.

Please consider using the search function this has been brought up recently, you should refer to the following post from a staff answering some questions just to see if this is still a problem: Furthermore, do you have the align tool selected for the part, the orange outline can be changed by going to the “Active colors” in studio settings if you’re still not having its current color.

I’ll follow up with the current thread that has been made with a ‘staff member’ asking questions, it may solve your problem when you’re occurring this again. This seems like a bug with the “Align Tool” if you’re using it in the image attached to the thread.