Unable to Submit More Than 10 Reports via Report Abuse Tool: 'Too Many Requests' Error

I’ve thoroughly researched on DevForum, but I couldn’t find anyone experiencing the same issue. I’m unsure if my account or IP is restricted, or if this is an intended result, but you’re only allowing me to send 10 reports from a single account in a short period. After that, I get a black screen with the message: ‘Too many requests’.

I’ve been experiencing this issue for over a year. I’ve tried different devices (phone, tablet, desktop, and laptop) and the result is the same. I don’t think it’s an issue with my browser, as it happens the same in both Opera and Google Chrome. I’ve also tried reporting from different locations and still encountered the same problem.

When I reach the 10 report limit on one account, I switch to my alternative accounts to continue reporting, which is very frustrating. I didn’t encounter this problem years ago.

• After submitting 10 reports from certain accounts, Roblox prevents me from reporting from any other accounts, even if I switch to completely new ones, and it takes a few hours for this to reset. During this period, I can use a VPN to connect to different countries to report, but this is not an ideal solution for me.

• My main account and the accounts restricted after 10 reports also reset after a few hours, allowing me to send another 10 reports from those accounts. However, this doesn’t seem like a proper solution.

I’m not sure what to do because this doesn’t seem to be a device issue and appears to be more of a restriction you’ve implemented.

And because of this issue, I think my in-game reports are also getting blocked. Even though it says ‘thank you for reporting’ there, my report doesn’t actually go through.

Expected behavior

Either I should be allowed to send as many reports as I want, or the number of reports I can send should be significantly increased. 10 reports is not the way.

2 Likes

I agree, the limit should at least be increased, or completely removed if your account is id verified. This causes issues when I see many violation instances and I’m unable to report all of them.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! I just forwarded this to the team. We’ll update you as soon as we can :slight_smile: