Unable To Upload Media

I have begun experiencing an issue as of today in which I am unable to successfully upload and attach media to my topics as well as topic replies.

Technical Information:

• User Agent: Chrome Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/111.0.1661.43,gzip(gfe)
    (I am using Microsoft Edge)

• DevForum Theme: Grey Amber

• DevForum Trust Level: Regular

• File Types I Have Failed To Upload: .mp4, .png, .jpg, .pdf, .txt
    It is likely that I am unable to upload files containing all extensions allowed on the DevForum. So, it may not be limited to this list.

Reproduction Steps:

1. While writing a topic or topic response, use the the: “Upload” button to attach media to your post.

2. The progress bar of the upload will reach 100%, indicating that the upload was successful. However, your uploaded media will not appear on the post that you’re creating.

Do you have any adblockers on your browser?

Do you see the issue when you use other Discourse-based forums with your adblockers active?

I have noticed that some other users, and from my past experience, having VPN turned on can sometimes take longer or fail to load certain things. Try turning it off and see if it resolves the issue. Its definitely worth a try.

I have done some research and what I have found is that by having VPN turned on it can slow down your internet. I found an article stating: “It takes time (when enabled) to encrypt and decrypt your traffic and for your data to travel to the VPN server and back to your device.”

Just a suggestion, I’ve tested several Ad Blockers and after that I use uBlock Origin - Chrome Web Store for years and I never had this problem in the forum.

2 Likes

I have also had a problem with uploading mp4 files and when I try to upload a png, the other person has to download it, but everyone says to use mp4 to not download it, but it won’t upload.