Unable to upload Mp3 audio to site

Page URL: Create - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-09 20:04:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-09 20:04:00 (+01:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Trying to upload the following file on the roblox website + Tried in studio and returns the following error:

Audio:

I am personally using safari, however other browsers have been tried by other people and yielding same result.

Expected Behavior:
I expect the audio to upload.

Actual Behavior:
The audio does not load and I get the following error

Studio:

10 Likes

I followed your steps (Google Chrome, Roblox website) and I don’t get the error message.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-09 om 22.34.41

You get the error message after pressing purchase.

1 Like

I haven’t had this exact bug before, however I do notice that uploading mp3 files (as opposed to ogg files) has spotty support. I’ve found I always get refunds for them not being able to be played in VLC (for some unknown reason, despite being exported straight from audacity to mp3) - Only one mp3 out of about 8 or so has actually worked for me.

I’d advise converting your files to ogg before uploading (or just exporting straight to ogg) as I haven’t had any issues in the past with that (and if I remember correctly that’s the format fmod uses, or at least has the best support for) at least until Roblox improves their audio handling

2 Likes

Came to see what this bug was about, left with a banger.

14 Likes

Pressed the purchase button and I do get the same error unfortunately. :confused:
Schermafbeelding 2021-04-10 om 12.06.14

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! The issue is being investigated and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

10 Likes

Yes, that is quite strange unless it got moderated in the title you chose but ROBLOX should 100% fix this if it is a bug on the ROBLOX Website including the catalog prices bug.

1 Like

I have never uploaded audio to roblox, but maybe you could try using a .wav file?

Roblox Developer Relations replied on this situation already.

Still experiencing this issue on 4/23/2021.
Tried uploading all of these files:

And all (regardless of length or mp3/ogg) are not working. Any update on this? This is blocking development.

RE: this file (ogg set to a lower bitrate, 22050, so under 4 MB) did upload properly.
It looks like this issue is only with audios above a certain size limit (4MB could be it).

Try reducing/increase the bitrate, maybe your mp3 is not the compatible codec?

I’m experiencing this issue as well, file size is 7.8MB & .ogg - tried .mp3 to no avail.

Same, I tried uploading .ogg and .mp3 in both Studio and website (firefox and chrome), nothing worked so far.

Edit: opened an incognito firefox window, it worked.

Does this file contain some sort of metadata for “album name” etc? You can see it with right clicking it on file explorer → Properties → Details. I’ve had this issue before, solved it with copying to premiere pro and exporting from there. You can try from Audacity if you don’t have premiere pro installed.

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.