Unable to upload to certain models using the new configure asset window

I want to correct you on something. This issue wasn’t overlooked or went unnoticed. In the original plugin when I was looking for the issue there are notes saying they knew the service had a limitation of 100 results per page yet they deliberately only searched through the first page. Here’s the original code showing it.

AssetConfigConstants Module

NetworkInterface Module

As we can see from the NetworkInterface when calling the function getOverrideModels() the 3rd argument is the page number. In the GetOverrideAssetRequest Module they’re only calling for the first page and no other pages.

6 Likes

Well that seems entirely like the definition of overlooked. To say they knew of this limitation, and to say they "deliberately " didn’t load any additional pages, implies that they purposefully and intentionally overlooked the implications.

Although I see the comment saying there is a cap for fetching assets, I don’t think they intended to “deliberately” search the first page and only the first page. This was overlooked because they failed to notice or acknowledge the fact that people have more than 100 assets and therefore there’d be multiple pages of assets.

If you’re saying they didn’t fail to notice this glaring problem, shipped it anyways, and that they were intending to only load the first page (and no other pages), then that just doesn’t make any sense. It isn’t future proof for new developers and for existing developers they can’t update their older models. A cap of only loading 100 assets (1 page and only 1 page) does not seem like it was a deliberate decision, so it was overlooked.

Nonetheless this is now appropriately being looked into and I hope to see a fix to it soon. :smile:

7 Likes

Let’s focus on the issue rather than speculating about code, workflow or QA – none of us are Roblox engineers or testers. I’m sure they don’t intend to ship broken stuff. Let’s be constructive.

7 Likes

I’m also having the same issues.

2 Likes

I just encountered this today as well. I am only able to scroll through about 3 and a half rows of models when I attempt to update an existing model owned by a Group.

8 Likes

Is the scrollbar missing for anyone else that has this issue?

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Works like a charm.

4 Likes

Whoever is working on this, thank you the issue seems to be resolved for me!
And look you even fixed the scrollbar I mentioned!

Edit:
No, it’s not working I am still having the same issue with the inability to view all of my assets.
Please provide some kind of work around for this, ANY kind of work around instead of having developers wait months on something so simple.

2 Likes

This should be resolved as of the latest Studio update. The focus of this fix was to make sure all assets load. We are looking into improving this further in the future, for example improving performance and user experience when loading large amount of assets with this window.

Thank you for your patience!

8 Likes

im still having problems with it, i can now scroll further down, but the scrollbar reaches the bottom after 24 rows of 3 models, not allowing me to update any other model after that

3 Likes

Getting this too in some inventories, but switching to a different inventory and back usually fixes it for me.

3 Likes

This still isn’t functioning properly.

I’m able to do this to get more of my inventory to load, but not all of them.

This is not loading every single one of my models. If I go into my inventory from the website and view my models, I can see that in comparison to the toolbox, some of my models are there and are correctly ordered by creation date, whereas others are just plain out missing, where they should be, but are not.

Again, I am left unable to update one of my models (which is a module) that requires an update for games that use it.

3 Likes

Actually I just tried it today and randomly I am unable to continue to view the rest of my models beyond the 8th row the scroll bar stops here.

Edit
I cant scroll past the 8th row even when I restart studio, its not random anymore it’s happening consistently in the same fashion as the 4th row issue.

Edit(2)
The issue is only occurring with groups and my inventory that have a lot of assets, so it may be due to the amount of assets?

Edit(3)
The following information could help whatever team or individual is working to fix this:
I discovered that I could only scroll as far in the update asset window as I scrolled for that creator in toolbox.

• I scrolled down in the group FeudalJapan’s Models (Using Toolbox).
  • I was then able to view those assets after opening the Update Asset Window.

Hope this information helps for an easy fix!

5 Likes

DataStore2 is used by countless developers, but for the past several months it hasn’t showed up in player’s toolboxes. For a fix, I’ve asked developers to do this while I investigate:

Now, this has become a more serious issue–I cannot publish over it anymore.

When I choose assets, I can only see this:

This is not the main DataStore2 module–the actual one does not show up.

I’ve not received any messages about this, and DataStore2 has been mostly rewritten and will in the very distant future allow methods that do not take up nearly as much data. If Roblox wants to deincentivize its use because of the current method, blocking me from fixing it is not a productive move.

Furthermore, considering the amount of developers that use DataStore2, blocking me from updating it means any critical issues I find (including ones that cause stress on Roblox servers) are less likely to be fixed across the games that use it.

14 Likes

Hi Kampfkarren, I’m trying to track this issue down. I was wondering if you still have the original/main DataStore2 in your inventory or if you have deleted it?

If it’s the latter, would you re-add it to your inventory and see if you can overwrite it then? Thanks!

4 Likes

I do seem to have it in my inventory.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue as LadyAka. It appears models past however many lines the last group I clicked on had still aren’t showing for me on this one group:

Compared to my develop page which shows them all:

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you… Thanks for letting us know. It seems like we are closer to fix and understanding the issue. I will be sharing more info as it becomes available, but this is a top priority at the moment and want to put out a fix soon.

13 Likes

This issue caused problems today with my admin system across all games which handles a large amount of in game elements as well, I am unable to update the module I need to as it wont let you scroll down far enough. Hope it can be looked at soon.

7 Likes

My game relies on a module, and I can’t update it due to the fact that I can’t scroll down far enough to publish new versions of it, which essentially halts production on my game. I’ve been having this issue for a while now, so I hope it could be fixed sometime soon.

10 Likes