Unable to upload unions "Exceeded Limit"

I am having this bug too. It really disturbs my workflow and sometimes fully prevents me from uploading certain places for long periods of times.

2 Likes

Also experiencing this issue, unable to publish or save my game. Started appearing today.

2 Likes

This is currently happening to me too and disallowing me to get this update out.

Would love to see staff inform us on why this is and what’s going to be done about it.

1 Like

Same here, appeared just about 2 minutes ago when I tried to publish. Bumping this

5 Likes

This is still happening as of 5/31/22. When we attempt to publish super skyward towers, we get the error message, which then completely blocks us from publishing. Closing & re-opening studio sometimes fixes the issue, oddly enough.

It’s a major hindrance to our workflow and often results in us taking over 5 minutes to publish places…

3 Likes

Yep. We are having the same issue. Cannot publish anything as it just outputs that error.

Yes this issue is also experienced on my end.

Same thing, i need to play with my friend, what am i gonna do now? Cant leave my pizza game behind like a lost person

This is probably not correct, but the error makes it seem like your IP Address has hit the endpoint rate limit, hence it’s asking you to “Try again in a few minutes.” I would try connecting to a mobile hotspot or a different network connection and trying to publish then.

Is it a VPN? Or something else?

It could be caused by a VPN. Since most VPN providers share their servers with other users, there could be other Roblox players uploading items as well at the same time, which makes the entire VPN server hit the rate-limit because more requests are stacking up from the same IP.

I am going to go insane.
unknown

1 Like

Same issue i was forced to overwrite a game asset due to a critical bug now i can’t even upload the game.

bandicam 2022-08-03 11-11-56-079
Experiencing the same issue at the moment. Any solutions that y’all know of?

1 Like

OH! and better yet!

Create a new union with two primitives? OH NO YOU CANT DO THAT!!!
Duplicate a model that contains a union? Oh yeah that can pass just fine!

This is ridiculous.

-Roblox is having an outage for the א*∞th time, this may be related.

1 Like

I see a bunch of posts from exactly 2 hours ago. Are you still experiencing this issue, or was it just a transient outage?

The reason for this is that the CSG system turns your unions into assets at publish time so that they can be loaded by clients faster (loading a possibly large asset from the CDN is faster than downloading it from the game server you’re connected to). Duplicating an existing union won’t have any cost because they’ll just reference the same existing asset, but creating a new one requires another asset to be uploaded the next time you publish.

2 Likes

I suggest the wording on the “Exceeded limit” error message needs to be much better because it’s way too vague to really understand what’s going on.

2 Likes

Could you please let us know if anyone is still experiencing this issue? We’re trying to pinpoint the root cause for these errors. In the meantime, we agree that the error message is not helpful and will be working on improving this.

2 Likes

Just checked for myself in the same place seen in the video I posted earlier, now it’s unioning just fine, definitely must’ve been related to that recent short outage.

Also thanks for acknowleging that the error message is unhelpful (tbh most if not all the time it’s misinformative), makes me feel better.

1 Like

This is still a problem as of 9/6/22. This problem now hangs & crashes studio sometimes!