Unable to use Animation Editor, completely unresponsive

Whenever I open up the animation editor and select one of the premade rigs, the animation editor window is unresponsive, taking 5-10 seconds to register inputs such as clicks/drags etc, eventually leading to a total freeze of studio.

This happens every time I try to use the animation editor, so I cannot use it at all in this state.
Re-installing didn’t help

Specs:
Roblox studio 64-bit version 0.400.0.336387
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel i5-6600K
Nvidia GTX 1080
Kingston HyperX 16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb solid state drive

4 Likes

Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. I am currently unable to reproduce this behavior. By “premade rigs”, do you mean a new rig spawned from our Rig Builder plugin, or something that you have made yourself? Is there any existing animation data on the rig (check AnimSaves folder under the model)? Also, are there any error logs in the studio output window?

2 Likes

Yes, an “R15 Mesh” rig.
There aren’t any premade saves, this is the first time I’m using the built-in animation editor, but I did double check.
No errors or warning in output
Is there a way for me to provide some sort of logs or anything?

Unfortunately not. Are you taking any other steps after opening the editor before it starts slowing down, or is it immediately upon opening it on the new rig that you notice the issue?

Immediately upon clicking the “Create” button after selecting the rig in question, whole application basically becomes unresponsive

I’ve also had an issue with the Animation Editor, whenever I’d rotate or move a part it’d revert the rig back into how I started the animation for 5 seconds and then revert back. It’d become really tough to use the editor.