Unanchoring a part and making it fall for the local player only

Hi,

I have hit an issue I can’t find a solution for, I want to unanchor a part in a localscript to make it fall when the player hits it for the local player only to see so each player has to do.

I have read that unanchoring a part on a localscript will not do anything untill a force is applied to it or player gets close and setting the network owner is not the answer.

Has anyone had this sort of issue before and what is the best solution if any?

Thanks

I ran into a similar issue with obby physics. I found out the client should still simulate any locally cloned/created parts so maybe try cloning it on the client and unanchoring the clone.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the tip I will give it a go and let you know.

2 Likes

How do I do this?

Add a LocalScript to the StarterPlayerScripts.

For example you have a RemoteEvent in replicated storage

So here’s how scripts will look.

Normal Script (into the part you want to fall)

local deb = false
local RemoteEvent = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").RemoteEvent -- Put your remote event name instead of "RemoteEvent"

local deb = false
local RemoteEvent = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").RemoteEvent -- Put your remote event name instead of "RemoteEvent"

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	local plr = game:GetService("Players"):GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent)
	if plr and deb == false then
		deb = true
		RemoteEvent:FireClient(plr)
		wait(1)
		deb = false
	end
end)

LocalScript (Into StarterPlayerScripts)

local PartToFall = game:GetService("Workspace").PartToFall -- Put your part name instead of "PartToFall"

RemoteEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(plr)

PartToFall.Anchored = false

end)

Hope it helped! :smiley:

1 Like