Unclear error when trying to update a plugin which is now paid

Before the introduction of the plugin marketplace and paid plugins, I downloaded a plugin while it was free and since then the plugin has updated and is paid now. When trying to update the plugin, it gives me “Error: Try updating again.” which doesn’t help me figure out why my plugin can’t be updated, as it gives no hints to it being paid now.

I can click the Update button many times but it still gives the error every time.

This happens in version 0.413.368698 consistently, though I believe it’s occurred since the release of the plugin marketplace.

Link to the plugin I’m using as an example:
https://www.roblox.com/library/174577307/Tool-Grip-Editor

Proposed solution

Ideally, it’d give an error explaining that the intention is for developers to not be able to update plugins that they got for free if they’re now paid, and change the Upgrade button to a button to open the purchase prompt.

If the Plugin Management menu won’t be able to handle any purchases and the above solution won’t work, then I think the best alternative is to bring the developer to this screen in the Toolbox, ideally with the :robux_light: price next to the Update button.

4 Likes

Hey there!

If you owned a plugin before it was made into a paid one, you will still be able to receive updates for free. Regarding your issue, would you be able to post a screenshot of your output window error logs?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to produce any errors at all in the output using the Plugin Management window.

2 Likes