Understanding Robux Display Order and Usage of "+"

1. ** What is the issue?
    When working on my small Roblox project, I want to understand the correct display order for Robux amounts on what we see on PC and when to use the “+” symbol. While I know that 100 Robux is written as “100 Robux,” and 1000 Robux is displayed as “1,000 Robux,” I am unsure about representing larger amounts like 10,000 Robux (10k) or 100,000 Robux (100k). Additionally, I’m curious about the transition from using “k” to “k+” and even “1M+” or Hazem style “1B(+)”.

P.S. Oh, and sorry if this isn’t the right category for my question. If there’s a more appropriate category, kindly let me know, and I’ll be happy to repost my inquiry there. Thank you!

-MrBaconTube

3 Likes

Hi!

Please refer to other answers for examples below on how Roblox abbreviates robux. The question is specifically about robux and not in-game currencies. Oops. :slight_smile:

From previous reply (abbreviation of large numbers in general)

As far as I know there are no particular guidelines when abbreviating numbers in Roblox. The prefixes just have to be clear enough, best in compliance with English. What’s important is consistency with adding those letters, but the plus (+) is simply there to convey some sense of magnitude and progress, and doesn’t really have to be there.

There are scientific prefixes like the SI Units, but games usually rely on abbreviation that can be expanded into short scale names, easily understandable to a wider (and presumably layman) population.

I believe you’ll find this article helpful: Names of large numbers - Wikipedia.

Common abbreviation symbols:

1. thousand → “k” (sometimes “K”)
  2. million → “M”
  3. billion → “B”
  4. trillion → “T”
  5. quadrillion → “Q” (sometimes “Qa”)
  6. quintillion → “Qi”
  7. sextillion → “Sx”
  8. septillion → “Sp”
  9. octillion → “O” (sometimes “Oc”)
  10. nonillion → “N”
  11. decillion → “D” (seometimes “Dc”)

This is quite common across games and quite fits the modern English in the US, Canada and the UK. You’ll find these with small variations in a lot of number abbreviation modules and data serializers here as well.

Sometimes some of the symbols are in lower case, though lower case often represents decimal units (such as “m” for mili as a thousandth of 1).

Since you mentioned this, you don’t have to repost, because categories can be switched by editing the post. The category is fine, or maybe #help-and-feedback:game-design-support might be even better

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation!

In my particular scenario, I’m interested in understanding Roblox’s system for displaying the number of Robux in a user’s account. My focus is on how and when they implement specific numerical notations in their menu bar for my roblox project.

At what point does Roblox switch from displaying a full number (like 1,000) to a shortened version using ‘K’ (10K)?

Similarly, if the Robux count is, say, 100,200, would the system display it as ‘100K+’? Or is this ‘+’ notation reserved only for amounts over 1 million?

Thanks again for your help!

-MrBaconTube

2 Likes

I currently have 90,300 R$, and it displays as 90K+. I used to have only 12K, and it still displayed as 12K+. I think that the + applies to values over 10K.

1 Like

Robux are begin to shorten after 10.000, and they will display amount like this:
9900 = 9 900 (no changes)
10000 = 10K+
25000 = 25K+
14999 = 14K+
15001 = 15K+

1 Like

Thank you!
And above 100,000?
And above 1,000,000?

Thanks for helping!

I hadn’t sadly that amount of robux (99.999+), and I’m telling you what I’ve seen about this so far.
My guess is it will be clamped like:
99.999 = 99K+
100.000 = 100K+
1.000.000 = 1M+

1 Like

Haha I havent have the same amount either.

So to better understand the structure that roblox implements is that 100,000 is 100k.
And if its 100,001 it is 100k+ am I right?

It will use + always. 100.000 = 100K+, 100.999 = 100K+

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.