Undo (ctrl+z) is broken

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for flagging!

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this. Does this happen to you on an empty baseplate?

1 Like

I cannot replicate on an empty base plate. I can replicate on our PS99 workspace. I can only CTRL+Z 2-3 times like David’s video shows in the OP.

Thank you. Hoping we can get this resolved asap as it really effects productivity. We keep having to restore from backup for the most simple things. Working on UI is nearly impossible.

It would help if you could grant access to the place, potentially without scripts, but I totally understand if that is not something you can do. Apart from that, can you see if you can bisect this in some way? As in, delete half the PS99 place, publish and reopen, see if Ctrl+Z works, and go from there? We really cannot do much without a repro :frowning:

Hi, @MintyUltra and @DevelopmentDeadline have access to the place. Can it be done through their access? Thank you

I’m experiencing this too, really frustrating.

1 Like

Yep, I know them–I’ll see what I can do. Thank you!

Good news! I’m able to reproduce this on the PS99 place. I will investigate :saluting_face:

One thing I noticed is that when Ctrl+Z doesn’t work, if I click the undo button in the top left, it will work for the rest of the session. Do you observe the same behavior?

Ok, so I may be confused on my repro. My repro ended up just being that the explorer search is focused when I Ctrl+Z. If I just click again to get out of it after duplicating it works. I assume that’s not the case for you?

Great, glad you were able to get on the place.

CTRL+Z and the top left button have the same issue for me.

I am not engaged in explorer search.

Here is an example:

External Media

https://streamable.com/27gbnf

It seems for anything I do it seems the history is limited to 3 undos.

Let me know if you want me to test anything specific!

2 Likes

I noticed this was linked from the OP on a thread about Team Create. Can you repro this WITHOUT Team Create? Non-TC is how I’ve been testing so far

Not sure how or if it is safe to turn off team create on PS99. I don’t know if I have perms and can get everyone to stop working, etc.

Does this happen when it’s only you in the game?

Yeah don’t turn it off, but save the rbxl locally and see if it works there. Don’t need to publish.

Unsure if my issue relates to this, but in number sequences, I’m unable see my undo or redo my. Only after I close and reopen can i see the undo or redo

Okay, we’ve found what causes this. When Roblox Studio starts to hit a certain memory threshold (like in the large PS99 place), it tries to clear out older waypoints, but it looks like that code is not working correctly. We’re working on a fix.

3 Likes

Any news about this issue being fixed?

I think we have a fix in flight. Should come out either this week or next.

1 Like

Hi everyone. We’ve released a change to mitigate this issue and will work to prevent it from happening again. If this issue pops up in your game, please feel free to reach out and we can take a look. Thanks!

3 Likes