Unexpected Behavior With Animations Being Affected By Factors That Should Not Correlate Whatsoever

Reproduction Steps

Using a custom character system with the character models strictly on the client, call LoadAnimation on an Animator under it’s Humanoid. Play the animation while simultaneously setting the RootPart’s (or PrimaryPart’s) CFrame on a heartbeat. Set the Root C0 (its transform will be setted naturally with the playing animation) to something.

The animation to use is located under Workspace>Default Character>AnimSaves>Imported Animation Clip. You must save your own animation and replace the id in the LocalScript under StarterPlayerScripts to work.

Now hit play and insert a decal into the head of the character model. The transform pose of the playing animation will snap randomly.

weird bug.rbxl (49.8 KB)

Expected Behavior

I expect the decal to be inserted into the head of the character model and nothing else.

Actual Behavior

The pose of the animation snaps to something random.

NOTE: There is no code whatsoever that detects if a decal is added and manipulates the transform or any property of the motor whatsoever

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-29 00:08:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-08-29 00:08:00 (-07:00)

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, we’re working an a fix which should be released soon.

2 Likes

Thank you! Please let me know when it’s fixed so I can revert my code.

The fix for this has been released, if you still see issues please let me know

1 Like