Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

Yes, you would still receive the robux but wouldn’t be able to cash out using DevEx unless you had a Premium Membership.

3 Likes

This is amazing. Honestly it feels like all premium features will slowly turn to non-premium features.

2 Likes

I personally think players would lower it just a bit, they would understand that they’d earn more through this change and lower it slightly. That’s only because I hope developers don’t abuse the power of the % change.

4 Likes

While I openly welcome this change, I feel it would also be most appropriate to give non-premium members’ the ability to sell t-shirts back.

Up until a recent update, non-premium members could sell t-shirts at a 90% tax rate. It appears the website design update removed that capability altogether. T-shirts are commonly used as an alternative to group payouts for some developers when the client is paying from personal funds. If they have to pay by t-shirt to put funds in their group, you might as well have the 3 day pending period be with the developer rather than the employer.

Unlike shirts and pants non-premium members can freely create t-shirts, they are only restricted in selling them.

Reintroducing the ability for non-premium users to sell t-shirts would eliminate the need to use hacky bypass methods such as making a dedicated place with gamepasses, or using a group store with t-shirts your premium friend made in order to accept.

The current state of things is just an odd inconsistency as t-shirts really can be seen as gamepasses but for user profiles instead of games.

12 Likes

This is amazing update! :heart:

1 Like

They’re removing all the benefits of Premium, they’re going to remove a source of their own income, people who don’t have a need to upload shirts or don’t get into the limited trading have no reason to have Premium anymore (most of the people who owned Premium wanted it to effectively run a group or make a profit off of it) In the end its their choice, I know I for one will be ending my subscription if they keep removing its benefits.

Just use a gamepass instead. They’ve removed enough premium only perks as it is.

I feel like it wouldn’t change much, as most of the products you will purchase the user who owns them likely already had Premium.

Thank you so much! This motivates me a lot to make games!

Did someone say 10% for premium and 30% for non-premium :wink:?

But honestly thank you. I’ve said several times throughout my existence on Roblox that taxes are always going to be a thorn in our side. Massive help, whether or not a premium user benefits more or less.

Why are you nervous? Who is really losing here is Roblox, not you, you should think how they are after losing TONS of people who own Premium. If you dislike it you can just cancel your subscription, simple no?

4 Likes

I hope you guys are planning on adding more and more premium perks that directly benefit the player now that you’re removing a lot of the current perks that were once exclusive to members (ex. 100 max groups, group claim etc).

I read it wrong and thought it meant that everyone would have their percent go down, I fixed my mistake in the Roblox Discord, but not on here

Thanks so much! i cant get premium atm, and this 90% fee kinda made me feel worthless to the roblox community and i felt punished for not being as wealthy as other players…

I am a developer and the only reason I buy Premium is to get access to the 30% Market fee due to the 90% Market-fee bring absolutely wrong, I am so glad to see Roblox changing this for all developers access the platform I belive this is a major step.

Well if all users where able to Devex without a Premium membership who would pay for a Membership? Roblox would loose out on there own profit, it would also open up loopholes for scammers.

2 Likes

This is a great step in the right direction! This will encourage many more on the platform to build, create, and imagine even more! This will also benefit many others through these tough times. Thanks ROBLOX!

This is something very unexpected, especially looking back at the way roblox has changed in the last couple years

1 Like

Hay eh… can you change it for VIP servers to… thats still 90% fee and i only get 1 robux out of 10…

2 Likes

It might only change for the next monthly payment if the most recent payment was within this month