Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

This almost makes up for robloxs update to read our code. I think they only did this to get us to like them after that update. Just a conspiracy theroy though.

Which update was that? The filtering one?

Yeah. That one.

30 CHARSGOAWAY

2 Likes

Not exactly, developer products in groups were 30% but game-passes were not.

Oh. my. god. YES. That’s so neat!

1 Like

well tbh… its code, unless you have stuff in there that you shouldn’t be doing or saying, then you shouldn’t be upset by this… it seems they wont be filtering every other word in a seemingly random way like in the chat, so don’t worry about that, that wont effect you unless your righting corrupt code or something and giving it away to people by passing it out as something else… like the good ol days of roblox…
that reminds me… remember the spreading fire virus… >_<

3 Likes

Oh, my bad. Weird though cuz i tested it out once and i got 70% (i had no premium)

Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but on the page where you buy premium it says:

Roblox Premium

Joining Roblox Premium gets you a monthly Robux allowance and a 10% bonus when buying Robux. You will also get access to Roblox’s economy features including buying, selling, and trading items, as well as increased revenue share on all sales in your games.

The last part of it should probably be amended to reflect this change.

6 Likes

What about private server sales?

2 Likes

This is great and I highly support this action! But it’s starting to feel Premium is becoming less and less useful - might we see premium players get something like a 20% or even 10% market place fee? Engines such as steam only have a 5% market place fee.

3 Likes

Games that get younger players to spend their mothers credit card on all the cool items that don’t work or are a one time use.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see the perks of premium dropping but I hope this doesn’t affect the sale of premium to developers who used to require premium for the most profit. I happily accept this change though since it will help when I don’t need premium to make the most of my own games if I do decide to create one.

@coefficients I’m not sure if this was intentional (considering thread title doesn’t mention it) but the price for VIP servers without premium is still 90%, can this be confirmed as correct or a mistake?

I was planning on allowing VIP servers for the 10R$ deal but if I’m only going to get 1R$ per VIP server it’s not really worth my time doing or investing in special VIP server unique goodies as I had planned to.

9 Likes

If it is intentional I hope for VIP server marketplace fee unification to be introduced at some point soon, as well, as it gives developers such as myself a bigger incentive to enable the feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing update developers makes more robux now that’s a huge chance. Thanks, roblox.

1 Like

Well, my main source of profit is trading so I don’t care much about this feature (even though it is undeniably GREAT), but to make it fairer for Premium users maybe we should reduce tax to like 10-15 percent. Thanks again for changing this horrible rate tho.

EDIT: just saw this.

They unified it for a reason. If they changed one it wouldn’t be unified anymore.

1 Like

All of the small developers are default dancing, I literally got so confused like I made a gamepass for 10 robux and it said “you earn 7” and my brain decided to die, so I got some people to buy it, and BOIIIIIIIII, I went from the 10 robux I earned totally from devving, to a whole 145, and OH MY GOD, THIS IS AMAZING, IIJAKAJAHO

2 Likes

Awesome news! I’m personally just a little concerned though of how this will affect Roblox profits, and in return, income for staff and developers. Wouldn’t a 70% fee be more reasonable for free-to-play users, and for premium bump it to 90%?

1 Like