Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

This is because of the way tax works for groups which, regardless of the owner’s membership, treats all income with the same tax rate as a Premium account. For profile assets, membership determines tax rate. This update highlights developer products and game passes, though other forms of monetisation (selling clothes, VIP servers, paid access, so on) are not part of this unified fee.

Make a thread in #platform-feedback:website-features if you’d like to request for the unified marketplace fee to be expanded towards other routes of monetisation.

1 Like

Hmm, makes sense. I’ll make a post there, I suppose.

On a side note, my post in website features hasn’t been approved yet. Can you do that for me? :wink:

1 Like

And now all you need to do is lower the fee of uploading audio files maby make it cheaper if you upload say 3 the cost would be less the more you upload? as i find it can get really expensive if your adding 4-5 game sounds that is if you prefer to use your own sounds as i prefer to use audio i make or can obtain legal permissions to use of course! :stuck_out_tongue: although any change is better then no change i suppose Great Work ROBLOX Devs! :hammer: :business_suit_levitating:

I remember the 90% fee was something that put me off developing on Roblox.
Until i got builders clu- ahem i mean premium.

Nice to see they’re making development accessible to more people.

1 Like

Is this a joke? It seems too good to be true.

I think that, with the removal of a lot of the premium features, you should add a few more in!

I don’t think so. I mean people may have lost a lot of ROBUX they got from this. And I don’t know but it may ahve been controversial.

Adding onto what chesse said, it doesn’t make much of a difference, you still need premium to:
Upload, sell clothing.
Sell t-shirts,
And so on.
The only thing this really affects is the gamepasses and dev products, which only benefits the programmer side.

How does it only benefit the programmer side?

By only, I meant as in mostly, since most of the time, the only people benefiting from gamepasses and dev products will be the programmers unless someone makes donation products :wink:

Now Roblox just has to stop taxing you selling limiteds which you bought with the Robux that already was taxed…

Profit from VIP servers are still taxed 90%.

This post is clear in that this only applies to Developer Products and Game Passes. Please read the OP before replying.

DevEx doesn’t need to be for non-premium, they can just spend 5 USD to get premium, and they’ll very easily make back the money, considering the fact that the minimum DevEx payment is 350 USD.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 20 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Create a new Development Discussion topic to discuss anything specific about this post.