Union Help With Decals (newbie)

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I saw a union on some game, which had a decal on it, and the decal wasn’t flat on a flat part, because the part looked like it was either a cylinder or made of three different parts, either way the decal laid across it, and not copied into three. This is a union, and the texture connects through the parts, I don’t know how to explain it, but here’s a picture.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    The issue is, I don’t know how to do this and I would like to know how, I’ve searched for days but I couldn’t find anything. While crating this post, I created this with wedges, and stravant’s Gap Fill plugin, and it kind of worked, However I don’t want it to be facing this way, this is horizontal, and I would like it to be vertical, and I know there’s a way to do it, I just don’t know how.

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I searched all I could, I tried with cylinders, I looked up how to rotate decals, everything. no hope. I believe you guys can help me on this because it may be fairly easy, I hope I explained this good enough. (First post!)

1 Like

When you union objects, it will give the union the orientation of the last object you select. (This sounds really geeky, so I’ll try to walk you through what to do.)

1. Rotate the middle cube part 90 degrees clockwise, and scale it so it fits.
  2. Select both the wedges on the side, then select the middle cube part.
  3. Union them.
  4. Put the decal on, and make sure it’s set to the front face.

I hope this help!

3 Likes

I’d really suggest for the people who got stuck in this situation to learn about Blender unwrapping, that way you can position your texture wherever you want.

2 Likes

okay! this worked thank you so much. you’re the best.

1 Like

I’m having more fun with it, this is the best thing I’ve discovered. thank you

1 Like