Universal Roblox app shows you weird context menu options like "export to Excel", and hangs when you do

Reproduction Steps

Windows 10 Home.
I launched the universal Roblox app from a banner shown on the website.

Navigate to a group.
Right click empty space.
Note strange context menu options that are pretty nonsensical for the context…
Export to Excel.

Seems this might be related to Universal Roblox app opens social links in internet exploder. The group section just seems to be an embedded webpage but the web engine being used has some dated opinions.

Expected Behavior

These context menu options probably shouldn’t be here. I should not be able to export to Excel.

Actual Behavior

At least one of these options (Export to Excel) hangs / freezes / locks up the app, in addition to doing something that doesn’t make any sense. When I click in Roblox after closing Excel, it makes the Windows “busy” sound and nothing happens, no other feedback, I cannot close/minimize. The window does not go white like it would in a typical freeze. (I later discovered Excel was still running in the background in a weird state tying up the app.)

The encoding option in this context menu is also Fun.

Workaround

Refrain from exporting to Excel no matter how much you want to.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Tested on group page (there is no category for the universal app)
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-07-15 17:07:00 (-05:00)

5 Likes

We’ve filled a ticket to our internal database for this issue, and we will come back with a reply when we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes

This is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.