UniversalAppConfiguration Service Error preventing access to Studio

Expectation: For the place to open up as normal.
Roblox Studio refuses to open instead, and gives this error message consistently on every attempt at opening the application.

It first appeared during July 29, 4:21 PM PDT.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Attempt to open the application
  2. Be given an error message instead

Note: I’m thinking this may be region based, as my mac didn’t work with it either upon downloading it either.

5 Likes

This is happening to me as well!

I believe it has something to do with recently banned players as after I reactivated my account, it had started happening. Same with other people I have talked with.

Though for other people, they had just reinstalled plenty of times and it eventually worked.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

This is also happening to me, and I can confirm that it almost certainly has something to do with banned players, as it started to happen to me one day after I was unbanned.

@stinkertoni @relaaxation @Gruntyrant Can you please confirm whether launching into Studio places from the website works? Also, does clearing cookies help? Thanks!

No, launching Studio through the website doesn’t work, and clearing cookies didn’t fix it.

Neither solution worked for me.

I can also confirm none of those worked

Apologies for the minor bump,

Error has been consistent for me, haven’t been able to get into studio for about 4 hours, I uninstalled, reinstalled studio + roblox, cleared cookies, cleared my temp files, restarted 4 times but nothing worked.

Only started happening today. On the rare occasion I do get in, it gives a place error saying that it can’t open the place.

(Haven’t been banned recently, just stopped working all together, been working fine for the past few months)

EDIT: Reinstalled about 6 times, left my pc to rest and fully shutdown, studio seems to be working fine now.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. This is happening to me. I have tried:

• Restarting the computer.
  • Using a different windows account.
  • Reinstalling Studio.
  • Starting Roblox Studio in another computer.
    Any ideas? TIA.

[Edit] - According to status.roblox.com there is a service disruption. It has been happening for several hours. I have never seen anything this long in Roblox, is it usual?

Can confirm this is still an issue, ever since the site had an outage (which mind you has been going on for nearly 13 hours now), both studio and the site give an error.

Just going to roblox.com gives this error.

and launching Studio from a shortcut, or even from a place file gives this:

Repro:

1. Launch literally any place file or launch studio through a shortcut
  2. You will get the error I posted above

I’ve re-installed studio about 4 times now and it’s constantly given me this error.

4:00 PM PDT to 5:00 AM PDT = Approx 13 Hours. To be fair the engineers could be sleeping.

mhm… Roblox has been doing this for 12+ hours. Yesterday, I was barely able to access studio. Now it’s completely not working. Rip my game updates.

Roblox services are down globally right now, the same follows w/ UniversalAppConfiguration service. Unfortunately, until Roblox services are back up you will not be able to edit your experiences.

3 Likes

This error is very generic and not useful to bump old topics for. It’s like a “getting http 500 error” topic – this can happen for so many different reasons that it’s not useful to bundle all these into a single topic.

This newer topic exists for this issue: Web request to load guac policies failed roblox studio