Unlisted posts appearing in topic map

Hello,

I discovered a bug while browsing. I clicked on a link in the topic map on a post, and it brought me to an unlisted topic.

This obviously shouldn’t happen, as the post isn’t meant to be seen.

Announcement post: Roblox VR - UI Update

2 Likes

No, this is not a bug. Unlisted means it won’t show up if you try to search for it. The unlisted post was linked in another post, therefore if you click on it you will be able to see it. There is a difference between an unlisted post and private post. Private means only certain people can see it. Unlisted means you can see it if you have the link, but you cannot find it normally.

or i might be getting confused :skull:

Which is exactly the point of it. It’s hidden from latest, search, and other ways of finding it, so it should not be visible via linked topics.

1 Like

You make a good point, I never thought about it that way.

Also I just realized I got it the wrong way round. The unlisted post isn’t linked in the post, but a reply to that unlisted post linked the post you linked. Since that’s the case, I agree with you it shouldn’t be visible. If the unlisted post was linked in a post, then it should be invisible (this is what I meant in my first reply but I completely agree with you that the opposite should not be possible).

(apologies to my bad wording lol)

1 Like

I just tried it on my temporary test site (discourse 3.0) and it doesn’t work.