Unmoderated mesh retrying progressively gets faster until Studio lags out completely

Studio warns when attempting to retry fetching mesh if it isn’t yet moderated. This happens periodically during a fresh session of Studio, but over time it becomes much faster to the point of spamming the output and causing massive performance degradation.

Error message is “Mesh failed to load because it has not been moderated yet”

3 Likes

Hi Chasing! Thanks for flagging this, we’re looking into the issue

Does this occur in TeamCreate? Does it happen when you are inserting a mesh, another member is inserting the mesh, or either?

1 Like

This is in a local file, not tied to an experience or Team Create. I work in a team so the mesh was not created or added by me by someone else on the team. The place file was loaded with the mesh already in the game.

1 Like

I see, this is very helpful. Few more questions:

• Does it consistently happen with this place and mesh?
  • Does it happen with other meshes?
  • Would you be willing to share a file with a consistent repro, so that I can debug locally?
1 Like

Actually, I can offer more points on this:

1. I’ve had this occur in a Team Create game where we store many meshes and assets as a repository for our games.
  2. As a result, this has occurred in other places and multiple meshes (per place, even)
  3. Here’s a file containing the broken mesh from the original post: Repro.rbxl (77.3 KB)
    3.1. I’ll follow up after leaving it open for a while if it occurs again here.
  4. Here are my system specs in case it might be dependent on hardware:
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
    • RAM: 32GB 2400MHz
    • SSD: Samsung SSD 980 1TB
1 Like

Awesome, this is super useful, thank you very much. Will do some investigation and get back to you

2 Likes

Hey! To follow up, I was able to reproduce the bug with Studio open on the file I provided. I checked after three hours, not sure when it started but it was as fast as the video shown.

1 Like

Hey Chasing! Thanks again for providing so much info

I’ve implemented a fix, but it won’t ship until 2 releases from now (week of September 4th)

I’ll touch base with you then to confirm that the issue is resolved

2 Likes

I’ve found a workaround to mitigate the lag caused by the output logging. Simply close the output.

This also appears to be a duplicate topic of this one:

2 Likes

Thanks for linking that thread so they’re aware a fix is on the way! For me as a programmer, it’s more productive to reload Studio entirely since I often depend on the output. For others that don’t need it, that’s definitely a good workaround.

In hindsight I should’ve included the error message in my OP so it’s easily searchable for others that are experiencing the same problem. I’ll edit it now, thanks!

1 Like

The easiest way to disable the issue, for the time being, is to, rather than hide the output or restart studio, in the output, just disable the “Studio” context, which will stop it from showing. Seemed to work for me :+1:

1 Like

Hey there @RacquetBaller, any updates on this issue being fixed; This person I’m trying to commission for a build has ended up with a lot of transparent / missing parts due to the moderation failing.

Roblox tends to ship their releases in the middle of the week (Wed-Thurs), and they said the fix will go in on the release on the week of Sep 4th, so it should be out in a few days from now.

2 Likes

Ah okay, thanks, was just wondering :smile:

1 Like

hey JustCharl, that issue seems unrelated to what is being fixed here. Can you post a separate report?

Thanks

hey @ChasingSpace , are you still seeing this issue?

Hey! They fixed it by re-uploading all of the meshes again (very odd why it happened)
Also, the moderating mesh issue seems to have came back, it went for a week or so, and now I’m getting flooded with error reports again :person_shrugging:
(This is the past day)

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it’s been happening quite a lot in the background