Unofficial DevForum Community Discord

Is the server back up?

Server is back up :smiley:

1 Like

Did the server just get attacked again?

No.

Speaking as the owner of the server, we’ve taken the proper precautions to ensure this incident will never happen again. The issue involved one of the bots we had having an insecure hosting site, and we’ve removed the bot at fault. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

5 Likes

Awesome, could you maybe link me it?

Sorry for the late respone! Here it is

Important Announcement Regarding New Members

As you might have noticed over the weekend the DevRel team has been inviting New Members into the forum based on activity criteria that checks for averages from current active users. The DevForum will be testing the new system throughout the weekend and monitor it closely. Hopefully this provides insight into the current testing phase.

To help clarify the situation, we have been actively monitoring the stats and it is working as intended. The right folks are receiving the invites to the New Member role set.

If you see anything out of the ordinary occurring please contact Nightgaladeld or Lilly_S.

What does this means to our server?

As Night has already informed us, this NOT a mistake. This new system is on a test phase and will be improved in the next days. If you’re new, please remember to read the rules in our server. It’s worth reminding that although there are Roblox Staff to assist this server, we are 100% maintained by the Community.

As of today, January 5th 2019, the Administration Team in our server took the decision to unbind the New Member role, this means you will no longer be automatically given that role. This system will be removed after the weekend testing phase. It was deemed necessary by the Staff and Administration team to prevent against possible raids (which are highly unlikely). We will be manually ranking you to New Members for the next days.

I’m counting on you to keep unneeded discussions out of the server. We have a limited Staff team in comparison to such a large community.

And, once again, be welcome to the DevForums.

Observation: In the weekend we will also be launching applications for the Moderator Program. Be sure to check our community-announcements channel for more information.

6 Likes

I’m not really understanding. So, is it, Active Non-DevForum Members get automatically accepted, is it New Members get promoted judging to their activity? Or what?

Hello there! Thanks for reaching me.

Nightgaladeld gave us a more detailed statement in our server. Since this might be of interest to other people, below is his complete message:

Hey folks,

Hopefully this explanation will provide you with more insight into the current planning. For a couple of months we have been actively researching the statistics of current New Member / Members activity to ultimately use this data to determine who can earn the New Member role set. Over the weekend we decided to enable the algorithm which determines this information, it checks for developers who are actively meeting activity requirements (we won’t get into the details) and grants them the New Member role set.

So far we have been actively monitoring the system which has promoted at least 100 New Members who are generally the active developers on the forum which show interest in the development discussion. The results so far look great and we haven’t seen any issues with it but will continue to monitor it. There will be a bigger announcement released in the future, for now we will continue testing and monitor the organic growth from our developer community.

The growth of the developer community has been rapid over the past year, this new process will help us promote the developers genuinely interested in participating in the hot topics of the forum.

We fully understand, new developers are also learning - over the past couple of months, we updated our rules and current forum documentation to help on-board the new folks in the forum

If you haven’t yet understood, please do not hesitate in asking again. You may reply or alternatively DM me here or in discord (fly#8523).

1 Like

I joined!

Good idea! :yum: I’ve joined!

Im not a New Devfourm member :frowning:

This server is open for anyone! Whether you’re a Member or a New Member. :slight_smile:
(We also have a public section, but it’s closed to non-members only)

Oh thanks for telling me and i got new member

Congratulations, and be welcome! :tada: Have you already joined our server? :smile:
If not, you may do so by clicking here.

I’m in the server

1 Like

How can I apply for a ban appeal?

2 Likes

I swear none of the links work here

We recently restructured some channels in the server which broke the invite, sorry about that.
We’ve updated this thread, please find the new invite above.

For some reason i am banned while i have never joined this server? My discord: Boudewijn#6191

3 Likes