Unusually poor performance on Studio preview and test

While in edit mode, playtests, or any other situation where a viewport of the game is being rendered, I experience an extremely poor performance in FPS. The exact behaviour is as if Studio’s FPS is locked to a value lower than 60, despite there being no third party FPS unlocker installed. The exact performance can change seemingly randomly on startup. In the example videos, it is at roughly 38 FPS, but I’ve also observed it at values both lower and higher than that, but never above or at 60. Sometimes, the performance between edit mode and playtests are different, sometimes they are the same. I have no reliable steps to reproduce this issue.

I’ve currently tried:
Disabling all plugins and beta features
Reinstalling Studio
Manually uninstalling all files related to Studio before a reinstall
Wiping registry entries related to Studio (Caused the FPS to change but did not fix the issue)
Resetting NVIDIA Control Panel to factory settings

System Information:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
32.0 GB of memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

1 Like

It has to do with some widget panel causing lag spikes?

This does NOT happen with a gamepad,
Moving around with a gamepad is smooth and responsive, this seems like mouse input only issue.

The issue does not manifest as lagspikes.

Hi, when did you first notice this behavior? Also, does the FPS change when you close all widgets and just display the play area?

Also, what is the FPS on a blank baseplate?

I closed all my plugins, disabled them, no 3rd party software running.
Reproduction is easy, just play in 2 player mode or what ever mode creates a server and a client instance separately.

stable 60 until any mouse input happens

About a month ago.

Yes. The FPS seems to return to normal when I do this.

Blank baseplate seems to exhibit the exact same behavior as the test place in the videos. ~38 FPS with widgets and 60 without.