Upcoming Ads Roadmap and Changes

removing the banner ads is just a very very stupid idea and whoever had that idea should be fired, no offense but that was one of the best ad formats and i personally liked them a lot, can roblox make one good change for once for hecks sake or are they heckbound on destroying this platform and all its identity in one sitting?

8 Likes

i don’t have 3k i am not rich i am a small developer i should advertise my game on custom price even if i find 3k robux and advertise If no one clicks on my game, my 3k Robux will be wasted.

5 Likes

I REALLY hope ROBLOX hears all the complaints here, this is pretty much ending support for starting and smaller developers, we have no other official means to advertise than this and it is unbelievably expensive and ineffective.

ROBLOX is supposed to be a place where users can create and share experiences with others, starting up their own type of “business” like a clothing store or trying to create a new revolutionary game is apart of the fun.
This is pretty much impossible now unless the algorithm somehow blesses you with acquisition or you happen to be able to spend a ton of money on ROBUX.

I for one will not use these advertisements and will start boycotting this idea as a whole, I will be removing immersive ads from my games too.

I wish everyone on ROBLOX who dreams of having a creative startup best of luck and great success, hopefully this terrible change will one day be reverted.

9 Likes

So you just forget about small developers now? How are we supposed to gather people? or are you only focusing on GAINING MONEY? This isn’t what the Roblox motto communicates to outside people. How can we socialize and share our experiences with others?

5 Likes

The golden age of being an aspiring developer on ROBLOX was pre-COVID

2 Likes

Not anymore, kids are irrelevant. Now it’s about corporations looking to gain more profits by adding ridiculous micro transactions into their games and stuff!

4 Likes

Hold up, hold the phone.

Give YOU my GOVERNMENT ID and HOME ADDRESS???! THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH information that can just be handed out.

Especially with very specific details such as my Apartment, Suite and FLOOR? What you want my room number? You want what type of bed I sleep on?

Do you want my current workplace, my family members names, the date my dog died, my current education, my social security number, a blood sample, a saliva swab with that too? No you want more? A hair folicle, peice of a chipped tooth, the blanket i used to sleep with as a baby??

Yea no thanks

8 Likes

3 Likes

removing user ads is the worst thing you could’ve done. how are small developers supposed to advertise their game? obviously they’re not gonna spend real money on ads inside of games. are you all money hungry or something? let small developers advertise somehow. do NOT remove user ads, your reputation is already terrible, don’t make it even worse.

9 Likes

They don’t have to spend real money. You can transfer your robux to ad credit:

You are talking to a multi-billionaire company, what do you expect the answer is?

1 Like

Wait, but I still see Roblox User Ads…

That is because the removal of user ads is planned for Q1 2024 (January 1st - March 31st). So it’s planned to be removed sometime soon.

So… I can still advertise my game!

2 Likes

updates kinda bad in my opinion

6 Likes

Um… WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH FOR ADS?

3 Likes

you need at least 3k i am not that rich

4 Likes

why does this false advertising continue to exist, weeks after this change was made? It will not allow a campaign to be made without a minimum of 20 Ad Credits, (setting aside that this minimum is never justified in the first place). And once people convert robux in they can’t get it back.

It’s problematic that you will be punishing those folks who scrounge up the robux they’ve saved to run a small ad, only for it to be arbitrary locked until they actually double that amount. And if you start with 20 credits and have 17 left after the campaign, guess what, this ad system will not allow you to run a second campaign even though the first only consumed less than 3 credits. No, apparently we don’t have the technology to support this. You must add more $$$ to run a campaign that may only consume 2 credits… Again, all signs point to this system being designed for shareholders, not devs.

8 Likes

I’m willing to bet they’re gonna lose even more money lol

The graphs speak for themselves

4 Likes

the biggest issue I have is apparently that unless you advertise your game at some point, the game won’t even be able to be searchable - I published a new game 6 months ago, and I though after a few months i’d be able to find it via search - nope. Once I put some advertising credits in and completed a campaign (by the way it is far more expensive now) then my game was searchable. I’m an adult with 30+ years in the digital media arena, and my first thought on seeing the changes was that Roblox are essentially killing the kids creating for kids ethos.

5 Likes

What is the goal with the removal of user ads? By far, they have been the most successful way to recruit members for groups and jumpstart games, in my personal experience. Removing them and forcing the user to use sponsored ads and the poorly functional immersive ads will be detrimental for growth on this platform, especially for small developers.

If Roblox wants to keep providing its users with unique and new experiences, while they are browsing the website, why not keep user ads at least for experiences? They are by far the best way for new games and startups to grow on this platform. When users are bored, they often scroll through the website and click on ads, which leads them to experiences that never would have thought of playing. It’s this which helps power innovation and engagement for new games.

I completely understand removing poor quality user ads for t-shirts and other avatar items, but for experiences, they are the best option for developers to use. Immersive ads and the sponsor ad changes are excellent to allow for more external advertisers and large games, however it’s a poor decision to remove user ads, they just are not feasible for introducing new experiences to players.

9 Likes