Upcoming Changes to Experience Guidelines

I feel as if mild fear would be something as scary as jumpscares, however moderate fear I cannot tell you

7 Likes

nothing really, if its used in an undertale context its either for a fight or for comedic purposes, so just mark your experience at frequent mild violence and anything else that applies

7 Likes

Are you joking, there are millions of games out there with gambling and weird content that roblox refuse take notice towards because they generate alot of money, tbh idc about this but its weird knowing roblox makes changes like this but cannot moderate games that are inappropriate.

8 Likes

Just because roblox doesnt take care of it doesn’t mean that the parents wont turn a blind eye to it, age ratings will stop most but there’s a dedicated few who know more than scrolling (and those few actually make a fuss about the wrong doings, bringing them to light)

7 Likes

the “gambling” you are talking about is

1. Legal
  2. Safe for children who have responsible parents
  3. Not actually gambling, just microtransactions

While I do agree that it shouldn’t exist, it unfortunately does.
if a child spends hundreds of dollars on a game, it is the parents fault, NOT Roblox’s.

11 Likes

children who have responsible parents is like a once in a blue moon though, parents mostly believe the job of moderation lays on roblox’s shoulders, not their own

9 Likes

Helping parents stay informed when it comes to their child on the internet-be it games, like Roblox, or not-is vastly important. This update is welcome, and I hope to see more of the like soon.

7 Likes

Again, that is not Roblox’s fault, it is the parents fault. Roblox moderation would actually be kind of good, IF the platform was much smaller. However, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of roblox games being uploaded at any moment. Since it is difficult to increase moderation without making it even stricter for people not breaking ToS, it is now the parents responsibility. if the parent does not want to be responsible, then their child should not play roblox.

12 Likes

So will we, at any point be able to communicate if blood/gore is toggleable in experiences via the content descriptors?

9 Likes

Incredibly, depressingly rare roblox W.

11 Likes

Amazing update! Especially the age changing for the sign up page. So many people got affected by that.

8 Likes

I totally agree with the fact that it may not meet every family’s needs. At least this would help broaden the category of games which younger Players can access.

7 Likes

IMO, the largest threat to children on the platform is other players, not games.

15 Likes

was this really entirely necessary though? i feel like a lot more good could be done if more time was spent on more accurately moderating players rather than games themselves. while both issues are important to acknowledge, i feel that players themselves are a larger threat to children on the platform

7 Likes

if the name change from experiences to charts was part of this, i find it pretty unnecessary and confusing.

5 Likes

This seems like an excellent change! I appreciate that you’re also giving this notice well in advance for those who may be impacted. :+1:

4 Likes

Wish the audience insights was more indepth, it would be helpful to know how many people are between 18-21 and 22-30. I also hope the experience guidelines in the future have a version of the Restricted Content Label for people over 20 so we can make experiences without teenagers in them; many adults do not like talking to teenagers nowadays so it would be helpful for making social experiences.

Overall this is a good change though.

3 Likes

Instead of content labels by Roblox. We should have goverment labels based on the account location of the account. For example: if the account location was in Australia. They would use the Australian Classification System

3 Likes

can u let us see the ages of people 75+?

odds are these are players that just set their birthday incredibly high and i dont want that to affect the other stats (this would inflate 18+)

3 Likes

A respectable update for sure.

2 Likes