Upcoming Changes to Fields in CatalogAPI

Hi Developers,

As part of ongoing efforts to upgrade and consolidate our public APIs, we will be making changes that might affect your workflow.

We will no longer be returning genres and purchase count in the MultigetItemDetailsRequestModel (basically anywhere you are expecting item details). There is currently no way for users to search by genres, and we will be replacing it with something else even better. More details on that to come.

Today purchase count can only be returned for users who happen to be creators of those items or members of a group who created that item and also happen to have the right permissions. You can continue to get purchaseCount information from the MarketplaceService.GetProductInfo method in the engine API (Swagger UI).

These are the endpoints that will be affected:
POST v1/catalog/item/details
GET v1/catalog/item/{itemId}/details
GET v1/search/items/details
GET v2/search/items/details
GET v2/recommendations/{subject}/details

We are currently testing these changes, and expect to roll this out completely by the end of September 2023. In the meanwhile, we would love to hear your ideas and feedback.

Thank you,

76 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

Hi! Removing genres makes sense, but is there any reason in particular why the PurchaseCount field is being removed from the catalog search & item details apis?

The catalog & batch item details apis provided an easy way for games to total the UGC Sales of a creator without having to do lots of API calls. MarketplaceService.GetProductInfo only allows us to get the purchases count of 1 item per request, not multiple at a time.

Also I noticed that the PurchaseCount is not being returned for UGC Bundles via the MarketplaceService.GetProductInfo method for some reason. It would be great if this could be fixed, or else we will have no way of getting the sales count of bundles after this is fully rolled out

See below:

20 Likes

Today purchase count can only be returned for users who happen to be creators of those items or members of a group who created that item and also happen to have the right permissions

Is there any reason for this? What benefit would one gain from sales being private? Could one being able to let anyone (no permissions necessary) view those sales.

Aside from that, will it ever be possible to view sales on assets in your own group from the dashboard? It’s frustrating not being able to view them and I really need to know these metrics for a feature I’m working on for my group’s homestore.

7 Likes

totally agreed with this. I don’t see any reason for this change, as long as we have no official way to see how many sales we got. Right now we can only see favorites and price, which to begin with, makes no sense having said favorites are less important than the sales count. Please reconsider this change, and if you want to remove this feature, at least give us an official way to see the sales count for our items!

12 Likes

I’m a UGC creator, is there a way for me to check my sales per item easily with these new changes?

It’s very important that I’m able to see item sales, so I know what concepts to expand upon and which to leave. Along with seeing what effects other changes have on my sales to match players needs / wants.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.