Upcoming Changes To The Game Sorts & Submit New Sort Ideas!

What qualities are necessary to qualify for the “Players Love” and “Most Engaging” sort?

5 Likes

I really like the idea of giving devs more chances to be in the front page, this is helpful.
I would also like to add More categories, and would also be very helpful to add a check mark into most known games as approved that had many fake clones, which can help especially for the paid games that had more clones which they require more robux than the original one.

1 Like

I feel like game genres are kind of pointless right now. Currently, they only serve one purpose; which would be simply marking the game. What ever happen to the search by genre filter? Bringing that back would improve game discovery a lot!

5 Likes

I support the idea of bringing search by genre back, not only would this make it easier to find games you actually wanna play but it also would give other games more discovery. For some good games it is very hard to gain players because new comers or even existing players only see the top popular games or top earning, not top rpg or other less popular games, Steam has a search by genre for a reason so its users can find games they wanna play easily.

I would like to have search by game genre back (Genre filter).

5 Likes

Re-add the genre filter but maybe add some like verification to it. One type of verification, this sounds extensive but bare with me, is to add a different like to dislike ratio that is on whether the game is related to the genre or not. This ratio would also have a 2 months requirement for users to vote to prevent botting. Another way is just to have roblox verify it themselves. Either way, the genre filter would be the best thing to add/re-add.

4 Likes

I dont think there will be alot changes but its still a good idea I think this game pages is seems a little bit weird that would be a good update

Genre Sorts

Genre filter/sorting has been requested many times since its removal long ago. Maybe bring them back?

• Horror (Would absolutely LOVE to see this)
  • FPS
  • Western
  • Military
  • Etc.

Developer/Studio Sorts

These would be sorts that would show developers and studios rather than games.

• Top solo developers
  • Top teams
  • Featured devs

Other Sorts

• For older audience
  • Most recently created (with at least one active player)
  • Top open-sourced
5 Likes

I would feel like a BETA sort sgouor be added, a special sort for BETA members of Roblox, for a certain time BETA members can have there games up there, it would give a good boost and chance for some developers.

Quirky games or outside the box games

Try adding a Game Genre Filter, we used to have it but it was removed in 2017. The Game Genre Filter could help with finding specific games; do you want Sci-Fi? Select the Sci-Fi genre and only Sci-Fi games will appear. Re-adding the Game Genre Filter can help out both Developers and Players! There’s already genres like “Town and City” and “Western” so re-adding the Game Genre Filter won’t be too painful.

Sorting your game is impossible. What if it fits 2 different genres or not at all? I have trouble coming up with a one-sentence description for my game. Imagine coming up with a one-word description except you can only pick out of 10 words

That’s true, but that’s an empty space for another feature!
Imagine a feature where you could apply multiple tags, like you’d have “Town and City” and “Fighting” to make “Town and City, Fighting”; that’d be amazing!

2 Likes

I’m just tossing in my support for genre sort. It really makes no sense that it was removed since pretty much every other game distribution platform supports genre/tags filtering.

Yes, that would be cool if you could add tags into your game and those tags will help it appear in the proper search results. However this would be abused by botters putting on every single tag

3 Likes

Genre filter would be awesome. Maybe new genres too… I was thinking of an “Indie” game sort and a game sort that takes in what your user age is and recommends something. Or maybe uses what game genres you have recently played and recommends games that suit you.

1.- Make the popular sort like the original one and make a new one called Popular between people your age and use the popular we have now. 2.- Change the website so that the games page doesn’t have a list of sorts but instead has a dropdown menu having it. It should save the last sort you went to when you go back online. 3.- Add another dropdown next to the one I said earlier to filter genres and tags.

Wrong thread, wrong subforum. This is for game sorts.

how about great games with under 1000 visits

If a game is truly great, it will grow to much more than 1000 visits.

well some developers have a hard time getting the word out about there game