Upcoming Game Server Test

I did this during the Pizza Party Event a while back. Had a 200 player server for around 10 minutes solid. Wasn’t just a baseplate either but a full game. Worked pretty well. Max ping I saw was like 10,000ms :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The 2nd test server managed to hit 190 Players before crashing! I think the only problem that was holding everyone back was the fact that npcs were spawning and there weren’t just 10 or 20 but 600 of them which made the game lag a lot. I would still call that a successful testing session even if we didn’t hit roblox’s goal.

2 Likes

nice im in there, i got pretty lucky

2 Likes

Are you sure this game is the best choice for a stress testing?
The game itself lags at a low amount of people, which isn’t good when you want to test something like this. Maybe a more optimized game would make more sense to use.

Also:

4 Likes

So that was… interesting. I’m really enjoying these public stress tests, even if the experience isn’t exactly polished.

Is there any chance of us getting a write-up on the goals of the test beyond “attempting to reach 200 players?” What exactly is the importance of “17B?” I’d love to hear the technical bits and to get a better idea of what the test was about.

P.S. my speech bubble hat got in the way of the aim down sight. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I agree with @MetatableIndex, I think this should be tested in a baseplate instead, since we are just testing a feature, since the current game for testing this feature is kinda laggy, I want to mention that the game is using terrain, and I think terrain can hurt performance. I want to say something for the team who is working on this, you guys might like to take a look at this thread: MessagingService: Creating an 'infinite player server'
I know it doesn’t works, but you guys might want to take a look and find resources to advance in the development.

1 Like

cars are being stretched and gameplay pauses alot. car cameras also don’t work properly. the features used tho seem really promising for open world games, too bad roblox’s terrain voxel limit is too small

2 Likes

Also worth to note that changing camera type in the menu completely breaks the game.

That brings up another issue: why can users change their camera type, despite game settings disabling that? I’m saying this because on my own game I have set the default camera type and disabled changing camera type, but users are still able to change it.

2 Likes

Test was great, until the exploiter came in and started firing the gun’s remote events.
Hope you guys got all the data you needed! It’d be spectacular to see stable 200 player servers some time in the future.

5 Likes

Accidentally did a keybind, not sure what this is about on the game test.

2 Likes

Since there wasn’t enough people playing, I guess testing with bots was a good thing to do.

8 Likes

I’d imagine they could reach 200 players, as running a Roblox game on Roblox’s server would hold it, but it seems not.

2 Likes

Wow let’s see if this will work if so i have both good thoughts and bad thoughts regarding this update.

1 Like

I’ll have to stay up really late for this, but I think its worth a shot!

1 Like

look mum I’m on tv

The lag was probably caused by the NPCs moving around the map on purpose to stress the server out even more

So, we talking about give poor players [ like me ] more lag?

2 Likes

Curious to see what came out of the test? Really excited to utilize 200 player servers in the future!

So far, because they didn’t wait for the weld replication issue to be fixed first the obvious outcome is that the servers were being crashed by exploiters with the RightGrip replication abuse.

I bet roblox will break again lol

1 Like

Y E S, I A M ! yeah, ill go. as long as i wont be late.