Upcoming Game Server Test

Hey developers,

Today (Friday, March 13, 2020) at 2:00 PM PST, we will be performing a test of large server performance. We’ll be using one of our own games and attempting to reach 200 players in one server. In order to accomplish this, we will be briefly utilizing the Sponsored Game advertisement system. We will end our advertisement after we reach 200 players in one server.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

161 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 13 minutes.

Show time! This will be a blast! I hope to see all of you there!

Question: Are you going?

• Yes, I will be participating
  • No, I will not be participating

0 voters

10 Likes

I thought, that 200 player servers already exists for beta testers.

3 Likes

Server test on Friday the 13th? That doesn’t sound good…

Jokes aside, hope the test goes well.

19 Likes

They’re testing the servers to see if they can reliably run 200 players

6 Likes

Watch roblox break again :flushed:

17 Likes

So it’s just regular sponsorship, or is it without funding? It seems like an odd and somewhat inefficient way of doing a stress test.

3 Likes

As I understand it they replace all sponsored games with theirs until they fill the server.

1 Like

I dont have statistic, but I think, that adds will be more effective.

Not necessarily. The post clearly states:

This means that they will be using the system to test the 200 player servers, not updating the system itself. Ads wouldn’t be as easy as taking over the game page

3 Likes

And when someone leaves (or get disconnected bec his wifi crashes, …)?

2 Likes

Obviously roblox can’t force everyone to stay in the game. Then again, it’ll be easy to find the game since it’ll have a good player count and friends may join it.

I want to know how much is going into advertising.

Well, where is the link to the game if we want to participate?

Using the sponsored system for a short duration to fill a test server is an excellent idea! Developers could benefit enormously from this functionality if we were able to set the duration of ads/sponsorships instead of being prohibitively limited by the 24 hour duration

31 Likes

I hope this goes really well. My parlor did great with 200 Players. During the live op event.

1 Like

Link to this testing game please? I can’t find it anywhere.

6 Likes

I strongly agree with this point, being restricted to 24 hours per ad is quite inconvenient and could save developers lots of time by implementing this cool feature.

1 Like