Upcoming Optimization to Collision Detection System - Beta Test on Mac Clients soon

Heads up, I’m disabling the beta on all games for now, I’m going to look through our crash logging to make sure there aren’t more issues like this popping up and I will create a bigger batch that includes the first set of PlaceIDs and more PlaceIDs that were requested after.

1 Like

PlaceID - 5145906233

Previous place id was not eligible since it can’t be verified. This place is under my profile.

I’m going to have to hold off on further testing until future notice… This exercise has lead me to find some weird behavior related to PlaceID based testing. It seems like somehow it was flipping this setting during run-time which cause majority of the crashing issues we were seeing.

3 Likes

Ooh that doesn’t sound too good. When do you reckon testing will be back up? or released globally?

@Khanovich just a little question regarding this, considering that everyone has no place errors and they are all admins of their places, will anyone who wants to test be approved, or is there a cap, because I really want to try this.

I’m going to attempt to do a different kind of testing while minimizing the amount of exposed users. I’m not convinced I found any issues that weren’t inconsistent switch state related.

I cannot rely on Place-ID based testing anymore, it seems. I’m not going to do a Global release yet without a smaller scale test first.

3 Likes

Place ID:

Games use tons of Raycast & Active Touch Events on AI’s & Player, including Ragdoll Physics and Damage combined with euphoria partially touch events with a bunch of line forces & constraints
I’m so excited to try it out to see the difference in upcoming optimization for a better experience!

1 Like

I would want to test this feature.
ID: 4968845422

Could this get enabled for my places?

My game heavily relies on massive welded creations and i would really like to test this update.

PlaceID’s: 5996223733 , 5199812933

These are all seperate blocks:

2 Likes

How is development going on the project? If all goes well, when do you plan to globally release this? I’m hoping sometime before December 20th as I have a big game coming out that relies on Roblox’s physics.

Could I get it enabled for my game? My game has a lot of humanoids.
https://www.roblox.com/games/3349048109/Camperuim

Was this just re-enabled? I’ve been seeing some weird physics behavior (characters not moving, getting stuck on nothing, etc…)

https://www.roblox.com/games/5590587999/CAMP-DEAD-FISH-STORY?refPageId=10d8b99f-512a-4e43-a988-68fedc5a8123
Gulp I use raycasts and Region3 parts detection, etc etc, and lots of physics… I’m also on a Mac… I’m just about to release this game, so I would love to test this, before the physics get updated.

1 Like

Anything going on with this? I was expecting it to come out at the end of December.

2 Likes

Apologies for long period of silence. I’ve been overwhelmed with a few other bits of work while also working on this about 2 hours ago.

I’ve rolled out the feature on Mac OSX only. I did this to test on a smaller portion of the population. So far everything seems stable. For now I’m going to observe before pushing this to all other clients.

4 Likes

Alright, glad that it’s almost done and thanks for the update! Looking forward to it.

My players have been able to noclip through walls and rocks in my game, only an issue for MacOS users. This rollout is bugged and I would like more information on how this is even happening in the first place. Video proof of one of my players reporting this issue:

Does the rock have collisions enabled? is it a part or a mesh?

It’s a union and they do have collisions enabled. Players are experiencing the same issue with normal Parts as fences or walls.

But not the ground… This is interesting, it could be this optimization update but I just don’t see how it could be.