Update catalog Roblox

Reproduction Steps

I want to report my sadness about what is happening in the catalog, or in roblox. I know you always see improvements, thinking it’s the right thing for everyone. But this is killing the catalog. And making old UGCS get discouraged with the UGC itself… I’m not saying that you shouldn’t change the roblox update, but do it differently, so that it doesn’t hurt us. Sales dropped by over 85% for everyone, new items don’t sell anymore! items that were uploaded earlier and left to put up for sale later, don’t sell anymore! Thumb does not load, or it is blocked and we lose robux that has no return. That is, before going to the catalog, block it before, so as not to discount robux. And the update don’t remove it, just create the recently loaded items separately and the recent updates items somewhere else… So the player will choose what he wants and it won’t affect anyone. Because as it is the catalog is killing the catalog, screwing up all the sales and leaving all the old UCGS breeders sad and disheartened. Please rethink this and save our catalog again. Sales dropped a lot. I’m a mother, I’m 35 years old and I currently survive on Roblox, this is an appeal from a mother who doesn’t want to stop working with Roblox due to lack of sales. Thank you for your attention!

Expected Behavior

I really hope that Roblox and the Roblox catalog goes back to what it was. We were all happy, we were all excited about Roblox games, and every item or new thing that appeared. Now I see my 11-year-old son, he is losing interest in playing… As I said, I am the mother of two boys, I am 35 years old, I support my family with the items in the catalog and I am not ashamed to say this… Thanks roblox leaves a difficult life, where I even went hungry with my children. That was my source of income. But now, with all these changes, this is hurting sales a lot, and my income will drop if nothing is done. What I want is for things to go back to the way they were before. May the update come back, because when I needed to promote an item, I would and the item would sell again. The way the catalog is, the sale is dropping by 85% of my income. Please listen to the plea of ​​a mother who doesn’t want to go hungry again. Fix that, in mid-December and Christmas sales are very bad. Come back with the update and if you think this gets in the way… Do it separately, create the recently uploaded items separately and the old updated items separately… That way the players can choose what they want to see and it won’t let us know. to disturb . Please help us and listen to me.

Actual Behavior

when I upload the item, or try to do a promotion, change the price. It no longer appears in the catalogue. On 11/21 I uploaded some items, but I only put them up for sale on 12/01 and they never appeared in the catalog and my item sold only 3 copies of it, my son was one of the buyers, and two of my friends. No one has ever bought it and just promoting the item doesn’t work! I’ve already spent Robux and it doesn’t sell anything.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Catalog - Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-01 00:12:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-12-10 00:12:00 (-04:00)

1 Like

I think this could be phrased better to tackle your main root issue (as far as I can understand), that the Recently Updated sort is now sorted by the Creation Date / ID of the item, instead of when it was actually updated.

My guess is they did this to help prevent abuse (bumping items to the top), or because of other technical concerns. While this is an issue, it has affected a notable community, myself included, who relies on checking recently updated for items that may have been changed in price, brought on sale temporarily, or that have recently been given limited status.

For almost the last half year now, Roblox has been randomly making older items limited, and tools like Rolimon’s used the recently updated results to detect new limiteds. This unannounced change broke their new limited scanner using the API.

Since this change, you cannot easily search new limited releases, even when going down several pages. Like the Forever 21 drops this week, they are not promoted at the top of recently updated, meaning a lot of users may have missed their chance to find it.

This becomes even trickier for older items that have had their position pushed so far, even after the 1000 result limit that Roblox has in place for the catalog API, that have been made limited. Before, we had the ability to view by updated date, meaning any new limiteds, deals (sales, or limited-time offers by Roblox or UGC creators), and items that rarely go on sale just to go back off are too tedious to track and keep up on without external tools, which can be costly.

Recently Updated was also useful for UGC, as it’s easier to keep an eye on discounts, limited releases (ex. Green Jolly Jester Face, Blackout Shades), and while it may not be long-term viable, it would still be useful for keeping an eye on specific shops and users for new or limited-time drops. This is harder to do with this change.

I relied on Recently Updated, and I hope it could be reintroduced with an additional way to sort by the Creation Date of the item.

3 Likes

Perhaps they can make two sorts, one for recently updated and one for recently uploaded

1 Like

That would be the right one, and that’s what I’m asking for… And that would solve everyone’s problem. If you don’t want to see an old item being updated, just don’t click on the category.

1 Like