[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

max time limit for privacy should be 20 seconds tbh

6 Likes

I would be fine with it if all the audios were public and you had the option to make it private, and the cap was increased to 50… this will break most of the abandoned games (eg. Games that stopped updating) and games with boomboxes, or paid music in games. I find this sad that Roblox is coming up with updates like this. You guy’s are known for bad Developer Relations… and it took another bad turn.

4 Likes

10 sounds per month it’s not enough. For developers should be minimum 150-200.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me but didn’t there used be ‘Most Favourited’, ‘Most Relevant’ options etc in the audio search settings? This appears to be no more. Now it’s just the ‘Creator’ and ‘Sound length’.

I’m almost certain these options were available in the past. :thinking: Anyone else agree?

If so, I would love to see these search options added back please. I like searching for popular audio. It makes searching for the most popular audio (and often the best audio) much easier. :+1:

8 Likes

Would be cool if we could also allow people to use our animations like this.

2 Likes

They were, but for some reason roblox decided to remove under the guise of “improving search”.

4 Likes

Take this team and make them do the opposite. Make them take down the few offending audios instead of whitelisting only a few of the compliant audios.

6 Likes

In my opinion this update is not too bad at all, fortunately the game that my friend is making doesn’t use many songs, the only thing that I complain is that I can’t upload songs and put it in the game that my friend is making. (Team create)

1 Like

I don’t really know if this update is this bad or not anymore.

1 Like

Finally decided to start re-uploading my audio, and my group game still doesn’t allow music uploaded by me to be used? It says it allows my experience to use it, but it has the red X in the game’s Audio Discovery so I was wondering if this will be changed after the audio update takes into effect tomorrow?

2 Likes

After digging though many of these free sounds, I find their quality dubious at best. Most of the sounds are uncut or sound like they were made by two sweaty teenagers in a garage smacking things with plastic. Why not partner with Tommy Tallarico, a sound designer who’s audio assets are far much usable and of better quality?

4 Likes

@tnavarts Will audio by RobloSam/clockwork/Shedletsky still continue to work? They uploaded some SFX that is used by some recent games still.

3 Likes

If I paid royalty rights for specific songs, how would I get those rights cleared for use with roblox? Who do I contact? What about NCS sounds?

1 Like

I’m not sure if someone already answered or asked this, but is there any plans to make it affect only newer audios or is all of them going to be affected? Because applying the new rule to all of them would be a bit problematic.

3 Likes

Well, I suppose it’s an improvement to a still terrible situation that they’re actively seeking out longer sound effects to keep available, plus the group stuff. Still was hoping Roblox would push back against the music industry though, I’d assume they have enough money for that and it’d be a net positive for a huge chunk of the internet. Oh well.

3 Likes

Many existing audio longer than 6 seconds that aren’t made by Roblox or don’t belong to the creator of the game will stop working on Tuesday, which unfortunately means no more boomboxes. Worse, audio uploaders will not be able to make them public again for the foreseeable future, and can only grant permissions to specific experiences. Roblox is attempting to provide exemptions for long sound effects however they may or may not do so on time. Roblox has also attempted to roll out a variety of their own sound effects although a couple were controversial.

6 Likes

Yeah that makes no sense, to give you more relevant results we’ve remove a few sorting options? What? How does removing something help me drill down into what I want? We need favorites, likes, upload date, length, title only, exact match(for multiple words), anything will HELP get to relevant results. Not a magic ‘it will give you the best results automatically’ search. Oof!

You can get audio length filter in Studio, nothing but userid filter on the web page search.

10 Likes

What about piano sounds that are privated? I’m currently working on Roblox’s Got Talent (Roblox Talent Show) and we still have piano sounds that are not able to be downloaded and re-uploaded.

2 Likes

I still don’t fully understand the way the audio privacy system works. If I wanted to grant permission for an experience to use my audio asset, does the audio uploader’s account need to have edit permission on the experience? or can it just be any experience you enter into the field?

1 Like

i have the exact same situation. i’m not sure if this is a bug or not with the new feature.

1 Like