[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Yeah that is annoying, I had one of those, -1 from your upload slots for a blocked audio, oof.

They should have saved the limit for after the deadline so ppl could fix their games at least, then turn on whatever cap they came up with. Too late now.

I hope they do, same as I hope for better overview of people or groups I want to share that asset with.

Will there be any seamlessly looping vehicle engine sounds in the library? Currently, I can only find sounds of cars passing by and impacts (including vehicle human body impacts :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

3 Likes

Say goodbye to blaring loud music with boomboxes bois :pensive:

Can we get clarification to how the upload limits are determined?

I went from 10, to 100 after verifying my account. Iā€™ve spoken to other developers and their limits are far higher. Weā€™re all on Devforum as regulars, all been playing for several years, verified and so on, even having bought Builders Club in the past as well.

Whatā€™s the criteria for these limits, because right now they seem arbitrary and that is rather frustrating. I understand the need to limit it to preserve both storage and bandwidth costs, but at least publishing how you can increase your limit to the max would be greatā€¦

5 Likes

Unfortunately I fear that most SFX will still be silenced on Tuesday. For me the plugin has not qualified anything longer than 6 seconds (except Roblox-owned audio), and they were promising to eventually have user sound effects be public, but I kinda think that is just a restating of the fact they were going to eventually allow distribution without having an estimate as to whenā€¦

2 Likes

max time limit for privacy should be 20 seconds tbh

6 Likes

I would be fine with it if all the audios were public and you had the option to make it private, and the cap was increased to 50ā€¦ this will break most of the abandoned games (eg. Games that stopped updating) and games with boomboxes, or paid music in games. I find this sad that Roblox is coming up with updates like this. You guyā€™s are known for bad Developer Relationsā€¦ and it took another bad turn.

4 Likes

10 sounds per month itā€™s not enough. For developers should be minimum 150-200.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me but didnā€™t there used be ā€˜Most Favouritedā€™, ā€˜Most Relevantā€™ options etc in the audio search settings? This appears to be no more. Now itā€™s just the ā€˜Creatorā€™ and ā€˜Sound lengthā€™.

Iā€™m almost certain these options were available in the past. :thinking: Anyone else agree?

If so, I would love to see these search options added back please. I like searching for popular audio. It makes searching for the most popular audio (and often the best audio) much easier. :+1:

8 Likes

Would be cool if we could also allow people to use our animations like this.

2 Likes

They were, but for some reason roblox decided to remove under the guise of ā€œimproving searchā€.

4 Likes

Take this team and make them do the opposite. Make them take down the few offending audios instead of whitelisting only a few of the compliant audios.

6 Likes

In my opinion this update is not too bad at all, fortunately the game that my friend is making doesnā€™t use many songs, the only thing that I complain is that I canā€™t upload songs and put it in the game that my friend is making. (Team create)

1 Like

I donā€™t really know if this update is this bad or not anymore.

1 Like

Finally decided to start re-uploading my audio, and my group game still doesnā€™t allow music uploaded by me to be used? It says it allows my experience to use it, but it has the red X in the gameā€™s Audio Discovery so I was wondering if this will be changed after the audio update takes into effect tomorrow?

2 Likes

After digging though many of these free sounds, I find their quality dubious at best. Most of the sounds are uncut or sound like they were made by two sweaty teenagers in a garage smacking things with plastic. Why not partner with Tommy Tallarico, a sound designer whoā€™s audio assets are far much usable and of better quality?

4 Likes

@tnavarts Will audio by RobloSam/clockwork/Shedletsky still continue to work? They uploaded some SFX that is used by some recent games still.

3 Likes

If I paid royalty rights for specific songs, how would I get those rights cleared for use with roblox? Who do I contact? What about NCS sounds?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if someone already answered or asked this, but is there any plans to make it affect only newer audios or is all of them going to be affected? Because applying the new rule to all of them would be a bit problematic.

3 Likes