[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

No, because we bought gamepasses to play our favorite sound effects and music, now that we can’t do this anymore, we won’t use the radios anymore… who wants to use those free sound effects and musics?

People seem to blame ALL people to bought the gamepasses because apparently it’s our fault that some idiots only buy these gamepasses to annoys others with loud music. Many people don’t do that, only annoying troll.

Music could be ambiance “music” for a game like Stop It Slender with the rainbow flashlight gamepass from that game, or it could be a Friday Night Funkin’ song, just to vibe with your friends, none of these are copyrighted, but now that all of these are gone, I lost about 1000 robux to 2 radio gamepasses I bought. (Both were 499 and 500 robux)
There’s probably a lot more lost robux for other people because let’s be serious here, if you can’t play the song of your choice, these gamepasses have no purpose.

Nobody wants to play the free music on the audio library, and using it in games would just be repetitive because everyone would be using the same sounds.

4 Likes

Now it just feels like ROBLOX are getting rid of every audio. Even audios that the creators haven’t issues anything about are getting taken down. This is honestly the worst change that ROBLOX have done since launch. It feels so limited to what we can do on roblox these days and a lot of developers and players are quitting due to this. I thought roblox was supposed to be expanding it’s engine and brand but it looks like they are diminishing it. I understand the whole copyright stuff, but come on roblox… You can’t be removing audios that the creators of them haven’t issued them.

9 Likes

Indeed. Even if they were forced into this by a lawsuit, it’s objectively the worst update that has ever happened to Roblox.

8 Likes

Yeah, it is, and they never listened to the community, people never asked for it, and they didn’t even listen when they got 4k replies with “no, stop, it’s not cool”, and the limit is unfair, i need to replce like 100 audios and I ONLY GOT 10, when my friend got 2k and he never devexed and not id verified. This update is so bad, and it made ROBLOX much worse, and this announcement didnt make anything better, the update is still made, and audio catalog, radio gamepasses and other stuff are not needed anymore, and people who bought these gamepasses just spent their robux on nothing. I still don’t understand why ROBLOX did it, they only made ROBLOX worse.

8 Likes

I have a quick question what does it mean when it says

because If it is private then you will still be able to use it? right?

I have two group games: the production version of the game, and the test version. I upload all audio to the group. But I still have to go and enter the universe IDs on the configure page for every single new audio I upload. My understanding was that if the same Group owns a Game and an Audio (and this is even confirmed by the Audio Discovery plugin), that it would just work. I want a newly uploaded audio to just work in both the Production server and the Test server, which are separate universes. Having to enter one or both universe IDs manually every time I upload a new audio is a hassle that is going to lead to many future headaches, especially if a mistake is made and we think an audio is good to go (in the test server), then we push to production and it doesn’t play. I do not understand why this was necessary. I hope this is unintended behavior that gets fixed quickly.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t belong to the creator of the game it is being used in, then it will not play, unless it is shorter than 6 seconds or is an audio by Roblox. Note that this is only the expected behavior. Some audio may experience playback issues regardless of length or who it belongs to.

Thank you Roblox for providing thousands of useful audio and sound effects to use in my games! I’m sure these will come in handy.

https://www.roblox.com/library/9120636059/Wet-Farts-Dripping-4-SFX

21 Likes

0-o Uhh :thinking: Yes… they will be very handy :smiley:

1 Like

First its the audio library, next it will be the decals. Stock up everyone!

3 Likes

Reminder that they said these are “professionally-produced”. Someone had to “professionally produce” wet farting sounds for Roblox.

10 Likes

Then I feel bad for whoever professionally produced these

16 Likes

This update was done ONLY because of corporate greed coming from music industry executives. It’s another case where big music corporations ruin the fun because they didn’t got 1 cent from some player that uploaded 2-4 dogwater pop songs that nobody cares about anymore.

The update has pretty much screwed me over and im stuck with awful APM music (and a buttload of fart sound effects) after EVERY SINGLE ONE in my game got snapped. I don’t even know what to do at this point. (keep in mind, i make NO income on roblox). I can’t even hire anybody to make an OST for my game (neither i can make music) because i have nothing to pay people with. How im supossed to get music for my game that doesn’t suck when i basically make no revenue???

It’s a shame how roblox just didn’t care at all about the developers (and players), they gave us a short notice and most of developers got 10 audios per month, which for my game isn’t even enough for things like sound effects and music tracks.

What has roblox done to all the feedback on the original thread?

Simple, they just pulled the “cope, lmao” move.

22 Likes

Well, I would guess that this first phase(that we’re in now) was to eliminate a sea of copyrighted songs quickly. Unfortunately, they had to ‘make inaccessible’ every other legitimate audio along with these.

Hopefully with phase 2, the rightful owners of content who wish for their work to be publicly accessible will be able to set this permission restoring access as intended.

IDK how this will help with preventing pirated audio uploads going forward, we’ll have to wait and see on that one. Maybe they’ll add new requirements for making an audio public to prevent bots and alt accounts from spamming the library once again.

1 Like

What do you mean there “good” audios, dude people lost games over this update, and you’re trying to say that their stuff is good? Come on now.

1 Like

He is saying it like this as a joke, pretending that the update is good whilst he’s showing images that it’s terrible. If you didn’t get the joke…

4 Likes

not the best decision ya’ll made, but could’ve been worse, just gotta go through the millions of files and reupload them… :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah Roblox.

You have done very well. Of making this more complicated and tougher than it should be.

First and for most, I have been waiting for days for you guys to fix this weirdest and most irritating bug in my life where I LITERALLY can’t use my OWN audio.

Second of all, most genuine favorite music tracks are gone.

And third of all, you rushing the deadline was the worst mistake and I do NOT appreciate when game companies do subpar on Important procedures.

Roblox, if you wish to take your seriousness seriously, consider timing your deadline to a different date, and please take all of the time to do nothing but fix this awful tedious bug that is affecting us all.

Thanks in Major Regards.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Please read their initial post regarding their topic again, they clearly state that they are temporarily pausing the ability to making public audios.

2 Likes