[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

yes
Zrzut ekranu (176)

1 Like

It was working fine before the update, now our
robux is gone. How could you Roblox? Because of this audio update you closed many games that had that audio in it and radio gamepasses just stopped working! That means people’s robux were wasted!

2 Likes

honestly there are still some public audios

and some people got permission to upload public audios

how?

they had to sign their name under lots of contracts and then roblox gained their trust ynow legal bs and crap (owner of Clippsly group also had zoom meetings with roblox staff)
Clippsly is a group that uploads public audios to roblox

well I dont like their music and all of the music that i actually did like is now private because of privacy update so that still sucks alot

Why roblox, just why?

This player spent 300 Robux on his radio gamepass. Thanks audio update for making this player lose his audio.

3 Likes

counter strike 2 released faster than roblox reverting this stupid audio privacy update

I still gotta wait for GTA 6 to release tho

3 Likes

This would definitely help for developers who want to use popular copyrighted assets, but it wouldn’t really do much for radio users, as the game creator can only play audio which they own or can get from the marketplace, and radio users are locked to using whatever audio is allowed for the game creator.

If there was a way for Roblox to permit audio that a radio user owns and the game creator doesn’t, that could actually really help. It could work by firstly checking if the user is in the current server, then check for ownership. If both check out, then the audio can effectively load. If the user leaves, then the audio expires immediately.

Considering how the profits of assets tend to be cut by extreme amounts, this kind of audio would have to give around 90% of the profit from the audio to the artist, and that profit would have to be immediately converted to a real currency like USD, as these artists don’t really concern themselves about a digital currency which get cut in many different ways and directions.

2 Likes

Why are you people complaining about this update? I personally believe this is the best update that has ever been added to the platform.

I have been begging on my knees for this update for years. It has been my dream for this, and I’m glad they’re dragging it out as long as they possibly can. I honestly hope they keep it this way.

For a long time we had no response on when the “temporary pause” on distributing audio on the marketplace and to friends / groups would end. The way this change was handled made it one of the most harsh changes (with a couple benefits) in the platform’s history likely done abruptly in the name of money since the reason was kept secret. They did an okay job warning us about it but could’ve also warned us on the website or even through emails, and they could’ve told us right away that it was “necessary” and that the deadline could not be changed.
Only recently did we receive replies in other threads confirming that they’re aware of the issue and how long it’s been and that it’ll take a little more time.

We haven’t won this battle yet and we are not backing down. I will help keep this thread open until they close it manually, or until the issues are resolved.

3 Likes

I don’t think you understand, I want this update. This was my dream that has come true. I hope it takes years for this change to be updated.

He’s trolling, just ignore him.

4 Likes

I hope we get an update for public audios soon.

6 Likes

I forgot to mention, there’s this documentation page hinting how the privacy system will work when it is rolled out for all asset types, and it is extremely inconsistent with how Roblox rolled out this “money-saving” disruption:

/\ I assume this means the only way to make your own public asset stop working everywhere would be to archive it, but if you restore it from being archived the permissions would be saved.

Wazzup, pretty bad update, am i right, roublox?

3 Likes

When will public audio return to the marketplace? The creator of Theme park tycoon 2 has blocked all Roblox music!

3 Likes

The developer had this rule in place long before the update, which is why he took the game pass off sale and handed out in-game compensation, but obviously has not made the audio id boxes invisible.

If I’m not mistaken, any radio game pass that is still on sale is likely able to play audio uploaded by Roblox.

If you already knew all this then I apologize

1 Like

Yes there was already the Roblox audio which was blocked in place when I bought the pass. The problem with all this is that I had spent more than 60 hours in my park and when Roblox implemented this horrible update, all the music was deleted.
I find it a shame that the creator blocked Roblox audio in his game (I think it’s because of the limit of 250 audio imposed by Roblox…) but then why don’t other games do the same? (So ​​that would mean that the other games are breaking Roblox’s rules? I don’t understand) I hope they will end up doing something (even if I no longer have much hope that things will change one day)
I would have liked to be of good faith and redo the audios of my park with the licensed library but… the creator decided otherwise. It’s really a shame :confused:

1 Like

Something else too :

[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio :

“By doing this, your users will have access to more than 100,000 rights-cleared songs”

But…

Upcoming Music Changes and Copyright Related Action :

What do you think about this?

6 Likes

Day 587 of inability to upload public audio (since March 17). I’m hopeful they’ll do something about it this spring or so, but I am a bit shocked that after all this time, the original announcement with the highest amount of replies (of all time) in the announcement category (4362) despite being locked to replies, still has not been censored, unlisted or taken down, because it shows the company’s true colors these days.

4 Likes

STILL waiting for an update on this… going on over a year and a half later. There is just no excuse to leave us in the dark.

1 Like

A roblox staff member replied to me about this issue, he said they are still working on it. however for nearly 2 years is far too long for such an important and possibly simple to re-add feature

6 Likes